CH 8: Giving It A Try

CHAPTER EIGHT

~ Kiondra ~

I wake up and the first thing I feel are two large masses next to my legs. Peeking down, I see Branson's dogs cuddled up next to me like my cat does. How weird.

I sit up and see it's 9:30 pm and I don't see Branson anywhere. Flinging the covers off, I hunt for my undergarments and my phone to call a cab. Shit, they're downstairs.

I grab one of his shirts and run down the stairs only to collide with him. We just look at each other.

"Going somewhere?" He raises an eyebrow at me.

"To get my clothes then call a cab."

"Really? This isn't a one night stand. I told you that." I look in his eyes and I see nothing but seriousness. Uh oh.

"I have to get my car..."

"It's a Friday night. Relax." Yeah but it's kinda awkward after what happened. Obviously.

"Aren't you going out?" Please let him say yes.

"No." Shit, luck isn't on my side. "So how about I get you something to eat and we'll watch a movie?"

"Alright."

I follow him out to the kitchen and he asks me what I want to eat. Ice cream! I've more of a snack kind of person. Pulling out caramel chocolate chip cookie dough, which is my favorite, and we head back upstairs and watch White Chicks.

That movie might be old, but it's still one of my favorites!

While we watch the movie, he cuddles up and wraps his arm around my body. When it's over, he turns to be and strokes my face. We don't say anything, we just look at each other.

Branson is the first to speak.

"Tell me about yourself. Like the whole story, I wanna know." Branson, THE Branson Miller wants to talk about someone other than himself? History has been made!

But I'm not going to lay all of my cards on the table just yet. He's yet to convince me that this whole "thing" is more than just a bang-and-goodbye.

"Why don't you tell me about yourself? I manage in the sweetest voice I can muster to hide my disdain. I don't know why, but I can't shake the distrust I have for him. Oh well.

He takes a deep breath.

"Well I'm Branson Miller, I don't have a middle name and I'm from Toronto Canada. My bday is November 22 and I'm an only child and my mother Diane ran off with guy when I was seven and left me and my dad Rick. But that's the thing: my dad was never faithful. He used his good looks to dash through women and that was the only thing I really got from him. I didn't go to the minor leagues for hockey, but since my dad is a sports promoter, he pulled some strings for me to get drafted to the Hartford Hawks. My favorite color is navy blue and I have my two dogs Coco and Loco that really seem to like you."

I lay there and look at him. For someone who's as obnoxious as him, you'd think he'd have a really interesting life story. Like he was born on Mt. Everest or something. But the fact that his playboy ways come from his dad is no surprise and the fact his dad pulled strings for him to become pro isn't shocking either. He's never been one to work hard until he's at the top.

Wrapped up in my thoughts, I zone out only for Branson to nudge me.

"You gonna tell me your story now?" I nod my head.

"Kionda LeNae Harris and I'm from Columbus, Ohio. I have a younger brother Jared and an older sister LaToya. My dad is a chef and my mom is an insurance claims specialist but they haven't seen each other in 12 years since he left us. I went to Radford University and graduated with a degree in English and Public Relations. Most of my family is in Maryland so when I got the job offer here in Connecticut, it seemed natural to move here. My favorite color is rose pink and I have a cat Tank, like the singer."

I decided to only scratch the surface of my life, it's for my own good anyway. He raises an eyebrow at me unconvinced that that is my whole entre story but I ignore it and stay silent.

What he doesn't know won't hurt him. Or me for that matter.

============================

~ Branson ~

She's not being completely honest. I can sense it. Plus I noticed that scowl she had on her face when I told her my story. I left out the part of my father beating the shit out of my mom and me having to clean my mother's blood off the floor when he threw a hot toaster at her face. She left the next morning. It's not that I don't want to trust her, it's just I can tell she's reluctant to trust me.

But I still want her. Badly.

She's always off in her own little world and I would give anything to figure out what's going on inside of her head. The way those brown eyes swim with emotion and the way her thoughts seem to be in the air and she's grasping for them.

Shit, I'm not even a poetic romantic kind of man. What in the hell is she doing to me?!

Sitting here in silence is killing me. I want to know everything about her, but I know that if I leave our "Relationship" the way it is now, she'll never trust me. So here goes nothing.

I pull her ontop of me.

"Branson! What-" I cut her off.

"Kiondra..." She glances down at me then looks away at the alarm clock.

"Look at me Kiondra," I pull her chin down so she has no choice but to look. Even in the dim room I can see her brown eyes full of uncertainty. It's the only push I need.

"I know we've been through some angery, bitter, and intense stuff, I get that. But when I said that this wasn't a one time thing, I meant it." she begins to squirm but I tighten my grip on her.

"You're something different and I like that about you. I'm so sorry about everything I've put you through, it was wrong of me."

She whispers a small "It's okay".

I continue.

"But that's just it! It isn't okay. I'm willing to make it up to you though. All I'm asking for is a chance to be with you. I'm not a man to deny my feelings and urges, and more than anything I want right now, I want you..."

I look unto her eyes searching for anything that will give me hope for her saying yes to me. She furrows her eyebrows instead.

"Branson I don't know..."

I will not accept that as an answer, I have to know now.

"Kiondra, please..." this is the first time I've had to beg or a woman's affections. But I don't regret the words after they've left my lips.

I notice that her eyes soften a bit, that's a good sign!

"Okay yes, we'll give it a try..."

I startle her by pulling her entire body weight onto mine. She's mine, she's really mine!!!

But where do we go from here?

*Hey guys! I know I hacen't updated in a bit, but my life has beeen hectic as hell :( What did you think about this chapter? Do you think that Branson and Kiondra will last?

Check out my other book COLOR BLIND!

Thanks for all of the support!

Vote

Fan

Comment

Message

Follow

Suggest

Share