CH 16: Confessions

*This chapter contains sexual content*

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

~ Branson ~

I hold her stomach and hips against my body pleading for her to give me a chance. The way I've been, that lifestyle doesn't mean shit anymore with a broken heart. I'd give everything away just to have her by my side and loving me. And you know what the scariest part of this is? I've never been this honest with my feelings. I've always been THE Branson Miller to make everything seem better when I'm down and it's never stopped since I started the facade.

The place is completely silent and I feel moisture in my hair. Looking up I see it's Kiondra weeping and biting her lip as she tries to hold back the wails. I stand up and face her.

"Baby why are you crying?" Seeing her as broken as I am crushes me completely. I'd give or do anything to make her happy. She looks up at me with eyes full of tears.

"I don't know what to do. You say all of these things but then how do I know you won't go off and hurt me? I've been humiliated enough by you." Her words hurt like shards of glass being pressed into my skin.

"Listen to me Kiondra" she turns away from me "Look at me too Kiondra. Don't just hear me, listen to me also. I'm done with this life and the games and the insults. You know why?" She shakes her head "It's because I know if I keep it up, I'll never have you. I love you with all of my heart and I'm so deeply in love with you that I'd give my last breath just to make sure you're safe and happy Kiondra. I'm actually kinda glad we had our experience though. Without it I would've never known how much I needed or loved you. I wouldn't have know how much I appreciated you being around. Most of all, I wouldn't have learned how to be completely honest with myself so I can be completely honest with you. If you don't want me, I'll walk out the door and let you live your life regardless of how broken I feel. But all I ask is that you look me dead in the eye and tell me you don't love, want or need me."

My heart pounds in my chest and I pray she doesn't say those words. I will be absolutely broken into pieces. She looks me into my eyes and I prepare to walk out of that door and head to the nearest bar.

"Branson...I can't say it. I wouldn't mean it if I did." Her voice cracks with her cries. "Please don't hurt me anymore. We can't keep living this way." She's completely right, we can't keep living this way.

"Shhhh baby don't cry, no more tears. It's alright I'm not going to hurt you I promise." I pull her even closer to me. She wraps her arms around me and hugs me like her life depends on it.

"When's your suspension up?" Might as well get the unpleasant stuff outta the way.

"Tomorrow. I have the drive to Jersey because we face the Jaguars Thursday." I notice her face brighten up a bit "What?"

"I'm going to drive to Jersey tomorrow morning to go to an advocacy conference for a week." My prayers have been answered.

"Do you wanna drive together?" She nods her head and I lift her body up and her hug even tighter. I'd kiss her, but I wanna get some stuff off of my chest.

"Great, I'm gonna run home real quick so I can drop off Coco and Loco and get all of my equipment" she throws me her keys.

"Get dressed so you can hurry back" Smiling at her I dress as quickly as possible and run out the door anxious to get back.

===========================

~ Kiondra ~

I'm absolutely stunned by Branson's words. I didn't expect him to wait out in the cold or cry and beg like he did; it's a side of him I've never seen before. A genuine, kind, sensitive, and loving side and it's absolutely perfect.