CH 9: Contemplating

CHAPTER NINE

~ Kiondra ~

Monday morning. The office has been really slow lately because the hockey season is starting in a couple of weeks.

Since me and Branson are together, he insisted that we come into work together. We held hands and kissed. I shit you not, all of the PR employees had their eyes on us. But I didn't really pay too much attention.

Branson on the other hand loves the attention. He walked in like he owned the damn place. But that's not surprising.

I haven't received any questions though.

Sitting at my desk enjoying a steaming cup of tea, I look up to see Branson's bestfriend Troy Sterling looking down at me. Him and Branson are notorious womanizers.

"Aye what's up?" He's just like Branson and it's both scary and disturbing.

"Uh nothing much. Why?" The prick has the nerve to roll his eyes at me. Keep it up Troy, you won't have your eyes in their sockets.

"You lie like a rug. So you and Branson together?" I know Branson told his dumbass.

"I know Branson told you so what do you really want? You're so fucking arrogant that I'm sure you don't even know my name. Right?"

I sit and wait for his reply, and sure enough nothing comes. Told you.

"See? I'm right. And it's Kiondra."

"I can remember that. What I came to ask you is how will you guys work out? You know the season is starting up and we're gonna be traveling the US and Canada."

"And?"

"There's gonna be lots of women and you guys won't see each other. So you guys need to figure out a game plan" He looks at his watch, "I have to go to my jersey fitting so I'll see you later. Later."

I haven't really thought about me and Branson during the regular season. Even though Troy is practically a roach, he does have a valid point.

It seems like we're both holding things back from each other but I'm not ready to bring it up to him. Mainly because that means I have to lay my cards out on the table as well. I hate feeling vulnerable!

Feeling my phone vibrate, I pick it up to see a text from Isis. I haven't heard from her ass in a few days. If she'd keep Kev's dick outta her mouth, she'd be able to talk! But she deserves to have her fun.

I: Hey
K: What's up?
I: Nothin just missing u and Kev
K: You haven't called me! Kevin got your tongue? ;)
I: A lil ;)
K: A lot :)
I: Shut up I'm enjoying myself
K: Figures
I: Wanna meet for lunch?
K: Hell yea :D What you in the mood for?
I: Soul food.
K: Me too.
I: Meet me at Southern Hospitality @ 12:45
K: Okay. Love you <3
I: Love u 2 <3

I haven't told Isis about me and Branson and deep down, I don't want to. Not because I don't love my girl, it's because I still find it weird that I'm with Branson. In my eyes, he's still kind of that playboy asshole. Terrible I know, but I'm not swayed with just words. I need action.

Drinking more tea, I ponder how our relationship will be during the season. I just don't know. I have yet to see Branson all day and I'm glad. I've had a pretty good dose of him these last few days.

I notice the time is 12 and this day is crawling by. I would go outside, but Hartford has begun to move past its heat waves and it's starting to cool down.

I hate cold weather and enjoy hockey. What a contradiction!

"Kiondra?"

I turn around to see Kevin standing there. I'm finally seeing him without Tamara. What a surprise...