CH 20: Confirmation

CHAPTER TWENTY

~ Branson ~

"Mr. Miller?" I hear a voice ask me repeatedly. My stomach hurts from all of the vomiting and there's a atomic bomb going off in my head.

I feel like shit.

"Yes?" I ask groggily. What does he want? I feel like I'm dying.

"Can you tell me about the cake you received a couple of days ago?" Not giving thought to why some man is asking me this, I explain the best I can considering I'm drowsy.

"Kiondra and Isis have been the talk of the lockeroom and a considerable amount of the company in general. It's no secret that Isis is pregnant and engaged as well as my intentions to propose to Kiondra soon. But she doesn't know that yet. At my hotel room, I received a knock at my door and I opened it to find a huge cake with handwritten note congratulating Kev and I on our personal achievements. I recognized the handwriting even though I don't know whose it is exactly so I called up Kev and we ate that cake. Man it was good! James, Mike, and Tony came over and are some too. A little bit later I started to feel sick like I had some food poisoning so I just tried to let it take it's course. Kev was doing even worse but we didn't give it much mind. Until I collapsed on the ice course. That's all I know..."

And that's really all I know. Finally forcing myself to open my eyes, I see President Trollman and a police officer. What the hell?

"Mr. Miller, to be blunt about this, you and your friends have been poisoned." What? Poisoned?

He proceeded to ask me a billion and one questions. Do I have any enemies? No. Did anyone object your relationship with Kiondra? No, and if they did they better not fucking try to challenge me on it! After that I didn't get many answers.

"I need to call Kiondra. Did anyone tell her what happened? Did anyone tell Isis? How's Kev and the rest of the guys?"

President Trollman answers my questions.

"Kiondra and Isis flew out late last night, Anthony, James, and Michael aren't doing bad, but Kev's recuperation will take a bit longer. I'm gonna get Kiondra..." and with that he was out the door.

I need to see my woman.

===========================

~ Kiondra ~

Waiting. I've done nothing but wait for news regarding Branson. But Isis has it worse. Due to Kev having a weak immune system, his body is taking the illness harder than anyone else.

I'm still faring better than a pretty pregnant Isis. She's five months and he hormones are worse than ever. And Kev being ill makes it all much worse. She's tried to punch six nurses who didn't know how Kev's condition was. But that's how Isis is.

She was in such a bad state that the doctors allowed her back with Kev. She's been sleeping in the hospital bed with him ever since.

Branson has been heavily sedated for over a day now and I've only left the hospital twice to shower. It's hard to even eat. President Trollman approaches me and leads me back to see Branson for the first time since he was admitted. My heart is pounding and I can only imagine how he's feeling. This walk down the hall is the equivalent to a prisoner walking to his execution.

Finally turning into Branson's room, I see him sitting upright with his arms outstretched.

"KIONDRA!" He practically yells in my direction. I waste no time running over and hugging him tightly. His face is washed-out and his hands are cool and clammy. It prompts me to squeeze him even tighter.