Chapter 1

12 years later

Lawrence was sitting by the window of her cabin and looking at impenetrable space. Her dream came true, she became an astronaut. Her biological father (who was asshole anyway) had allowed her to work in space reasearch centre, which was directed by his father-in-law. She had undergone several years of training and had severe tests, but she had made it, she had been choosen for colonization mission. After nine years of cryosleep they will get to untouched by a man, virgin paradise, Origae-6.

She remembered David words, spoken so many years ago: "Some day we will go for space conquest together." Unfortunatelly, Prometheus mission had gone and everyone probably were dead, but David... there was a chance he survived, if only Prometheus had landed, not crashed on an asteroid. Lawrence couldn't stand thought that her dearest guardian and friend, was all alone in some distant corner of space. She tried to find something to do and didn't think about David, whom she wouldn't meet anymore.

In her cabin, there was not much to do, so she went out on one of the ship's corridors. They all looked the same, she would have a problem with distinguishing them however there was the Mother (main computer), helpful everytime when she took wrong turn.

"Lawrence!" she heard Daniels voice behind.

"Hi! What's up?"

"Not much... Just I'm just happy for almost decade of sleep. " said Daniels, with little smile on her face.

"Yeah, I need to sleep for a long time really badly."

"Let's go to the bridge, I belive everyone is there. I have to say a few words, Jake is not feeling well." Jacob Branson was husband of Daniels, he got fever couple hours before cryosleep.

As Daniels had foreseen, all crew was already on the bridge. There were fifteen of them plus that luckless android - Walter, who accompanied them and to whom Lawrence had mixed feelings. He looked almost like David, though he didn't dye his hair and moved differently, in more natural way, he still had the same face and very similar voice. His sight made the memories come back, sometimes they were pleasant memories, but sometimes really painfull.. Some piece of her soul, wanted to stay in his company, cos it felt like David came back.

"Miss Weyland?" Walter interrupted her thoughts.

"Shush! Don't call me that!" hissed Lawrence, looking around anxiously. She didn't want anyone to know about her kin, but the rest of the crew did not pay attention. Walter sat down on a table, in front of her.

"Sorry. Lawrence, that's better?"

"Yeah" Lawrence nodded."I'm listening."

"I must ask you, why you are always watching every move I make?" said Walter. "Don't get me wrong, as a robot, I don't feel any mental discomfort. I'm just wondering if you will not turn me off someday."

Lawrence smirked at that little joke. She was impressed, David couldn't joke. He was amused by some situations, but didn't understand jokes she was telling.

"I'm sorry if it looks like that. You just remind me someone."

"Someone? I believe there is only one ...'form of life' on Earth I may remid you, I mean other android. You wanted to say, that you know any other?" there was nothing extraordinary in Walter's astonishment. Even with such developed technology, androids still remained in sphere of most people dreams. There were not much of them besides, their prices seemed enormous.

"I used to know,... David 8 raised me." she replied with an effort. It had been a long time since she said that name out loud.

"Android was raising human child?"