Chapter 12

Lawrence was running through the corridors of that fucking temple, David had taken them. In the dark she saw absolutely nothing, but was desperately groping to find exit, because something was chasing her. She had to get out, find David and warn him, hide him, protect him. She even didn't allow herself to think about what could happened if she wouldn't make it.

It approached, Lawrence felt it heavy breath and loud footsteps behind. In act of despair, she fell on the ground, trying to find some rock or stick, which she can use for protection. But it was too late, she felt painful grip on her hair and something pulled her up.

He was far, far away from there, but anyway he screamed his name. Maybe he will hear her, maybe he will know what that mean.

'DAVID!'

The grip became stronger.

'DAVID!' she yelled once more. She would do this as long as she had enough breaths. 'DAVID! RUN!'

That something started talking to her with oddly familiar voice, but she wasn't listening, still screaming and struggling.

'THEY ARE COMING FOR YOU, DAVID!' she cried.

'Lawrence!' that something said calmly, what confused her. From where, that weird creature, know her name?

'Lawrence, wake up! It is only a dream.'

She frowned, and tried to look at that thing, because this voice... This voice belonged to David.

She opened her eyes with an effort. Breathing heavily, she noticed the dark room around, soft bed under her and worried face of David above. Still shaking and crying, she immediately clinged to him, happy to see he's alright.

So that was a dream. Very realistic and terrible dream...

'Lawrence...' David hugged her and gently stroke her hair. 'You were dreaming, you are safe here, same as me,' he said calmly.

'Not Davy...' Lawrence shook her head sobbing, on his shoulder. 'I think you are not safe.'

'What do you mean?'

'The Engineers, they are coming for you!'

♡♡♡

Next morning greeted Daniels waking up in Walter's arms. Lovely sunlight was coming through the windows' glasses, encouraging to go outside.

'Good morning,' said Walter, playing with Daniels's hair.

'Hi,' she squeezed into his torso murmuring loudly.

'Still wanna sleep?' he asked, taking her hand and kissing it. 'I will prepare breakfast.'

'Don't you dare leave me alone in this bed,' Daniels warned gravely, but cuddled tighter to him, what spoiled the effect.

'I don't want you to be hungry.'

'You already satisfied my hunger in the night... even several times.'

'Daniels' Walter shook his head. 'Let's be serious for a minute... please.'

'Fine, so I want pancakes for breakfast, but we will do it together, when I will feel ready to release you from my arms.'

♡♡♡

'I have never had such dreams, not even once... this dream is a warning. Something is coming.' Lawrence said, when they were eating breakfast. At least she was eating and David only drinking his nutrient.

'Enough, Lawrence. There is nothing to worry about. You have gone through a lot of terrible events and it's normal to sometimes have a nightmare' the android said.