Prologue

The luggage carousel was mimicking the merry go round that seemed to be whizzing around in my belly. It had been 33 days 5 hours and 27ish minutes since I had last seen Zak face to face, not that I was counting. Now I was just mere minutes from laying my eyes on him again and I was stupid nervous. It was silly considering we had been in contact every single day since then but I couldn't help worrying whether things would still be the same, whether he would still feel the same. Damn anxiety, it was a curse! I watched as the array of black, grey and navy bags drifted by on the conveyor silently urging mine to hurry up. A few minutes later I spotted a flash of bright purple in the distance. There was no mistaking my case, yes it was black but it was the only case that had a hand painted sugar skull on the front and a purple scarf braided to the handle. It's my traveller's top tip, make your bag stand out, it makes it easier to spot and harder to steal. I waited impatiently, bouncing on my toes as it snaked past the other passengers who were clamouring for their own belongings. I managed to grab it just before it disappeared back into the mysterious bowels of baggage reclaim. Clicking the handle into place I dragged it behind me almost running to the customs and passport check point.

"How long are you planning to stay Miss Fox." The surly customs officer asked as he inspected my passport.

"Just two weeks this time sir," I answered trying to keep my voice steady, I always felt guilty and as if I was going to get stopped and stripped searched.

"And what is the purpose of your visit? Business?"

"Oh no, definitely pleasure." I couldn't help grinning. "I'm here to visit my boyfriend."

"Mmm hmm and would he be able to verify this for you?" He finally looks up at me and stares at me with such scrutiny that the smile is wiped off my face quick smart.

"Yes, sir." I swallow thickly.

"Please could you provide me with his name and contact number M'am." Shit! That strip search was starting to look more likely.

"Is there a problem sir?" I ask as I scribble down Zak's name and number.

"It's purely routine M'am our records show a visa application logged in your name so we would like to ensure your visit is as you say. Please wait to the side there I won't be a moment."

I waited as the officer disappeared into a back office, I nervously chewed on my lip as I watched the door. It felt like hours but in reality a few short minutes later the officer returned with my passport and a piece of paper.

"Is everything ok?"I asked as soon as he was back at his post.

"Just one last question Miss Fox, is your boyfriend the same Zak Bagans who hosts ghost adventures?" I'm confused for a second but notice that the man's features had softened and he had a twinkle in his eye that wasn't there before.

"The very same." I smile.

"Oh man! I love that show! He's waiting just outside for you Miss Fox, I wish I could come with you and meet him." I couldn't help but chuckle at the complete change in his demeanour and his undisguised excitement. I guess it was something I'd have to become accustomed to.

"Call me Tracy please. You know his museum is opening this weekend, write down your name and I'll put you on the guest list." I'm sure Zak wouldn't mind...I hoped. Hey, there's gotta be some girlfriend perks.

"Oh wow! Really? My name's Danny, Daniel Harris. Thank you so much, Miss Fox, I mean Tracy." His sparkling chocolate eyes and wide white grin are thank you enough.

"No worries Danny, bring a friend too and I'll see if I can introduce you to the whole crew." It would actually be nice to have a face there that I had invited.

"Oh man! My boyfriend Justin is going to be stoked!"

"I look forward to seeing you there, but is it ok if I go now?" I thumbed towards the exit, eager to get to the man that was waiting for me the other side of the wall.

"Oh sorry! Yes, of course, here you go and thank you again." I chuckled again at the flush that stained his dark skin as he handed me my passport and the piece of paper on which he had written his details.

"See you Saturday Danny." I wink and stride towards the sliding doors, the bats fluttering in my belly once more.

As the doors whooshed open ahead of me I was met with a cacophony of noise and a melee of people waiting behind the security barriers for their loved ones or business partners, with a variety of signs and anxious searching eyes. I scanned the crowd looking for the familiar black clad figure that I had grown to love. I almost panicked when I couldn't find him but as I walked towards the end of the barrier a tall figure stood slightly back so as to blend into the crowd as best he could but I would have recognised him anywhere. His 6ft1 well-built frame dwarfed those around him, his black and white peaked cap was pulled low over his eyes which were hidden behind large shades. His tight black tee, baggy jeans and black sneakers would have made him a formidable figure had I not known better. I smiled as his head was buried in his phone as usual. I creep up and stand directly in front of him and he still doesn't look up from the device in his hand as he scrolls through with a frown on his brow and his fingers pulling at the scruff on his face.

"Ahem!" I clear my throat loudly, "Please could you point me in the direction of the haunted museum?" Only then does he look up, I laugh as he nearly drops his phone but the shock on his face is quickly replaced by a shining smile

"Bear cub!" He exclaims and pulls me into a very apt bear hug as I unceremoniously drop my bags on the floor.

"Hey there wolf man."I laugh into his shoulder as I snake my arms around his waist. He pulls away just enough for me to look up at him and before I know it his lips are moulded to mine and as I gasp involuntarily his tongue invades my mouth and strokes and teases me into forgetting my surprise. Instead, I kiss him in return as he cradles my head in his large hand, I melt into him and the last month of being apart fades into a distant memory.