/Chapter 1/Sincerity

"Jame!! Wake up! Breakfast is ready!", I heard my uncle shout to me from downstairs. Being the very lazy person I am, I just closed my eyes again and tried to get back to sleep. I didn't even bother to get out of bed when I heard my uncle's loud footsteps going upstairs. With an overuse of his strength, he barged my room in.

For some reason his facial expression softened when I looked him in the eyes and said "I'm scared to go to school".
"Jame... You're fifteen years old, how can you be scared to go to school?"
"I....", "I don't know", I said with a stuttering voice. As expected, I received a confused look from uncle.
"Look, I know it can be hard to get used to.. meeting new people but you'll make friends, I promise." At this point I couldn't even tell if he was being sincere or not, but I've always been lacking in social skills anyway.. "Uncle, It's not meeting new people that I'm afraid of, It's... *sigh*".

I looked away to avoid eye contact. Suddenly uncle stood up when I looked at him again, " Come on Jame, you need to get ready for school." I kind of expected him to ask me further about what I'm afraid of, but he seemed to not be curious at all. I have to say my uncle is full of surprises, his personality can switch like a turn on- and off button. "Fine", I said.