/Chapter 5/Pitch black

I was shocked that someone in my class had been murdered. I couldn't move anymore. Who could have done this? I immediately thought about Lucia, she must be heartbroken. It's horrible to lose someone you love, I know that feeling, and I don't want Lucia to feel that way. But sadly there's nothing much I can do about Madelynn's death.

I rushed to school as fast as I could. After I parked my bike, I saw Lucia walking past me. She didn't look as happy as she normally does, she must've seen the news.

In class I sat alone again, as usual. But then Lucia came to sit next to me. I looked at her as she sat down. "Hi Lucia", I greeted her. She looked at me with no emotions on her face. "Hi Jame", she said quieter as usual. "What's wrong?"I asked.
Lucia sighed. "My friend Madelynn.. have you seen the news program?" She started to tear up. I immediately felt so bad for her, I didn't want her to cry. "I.."
Before I could say anything Lucia walked off to the girls' bathroom. Everyone stared at her rushing through the classroom. I followed her, not caring if I entered the girls' bathroom even though I'm a guy.

I could hear Lucia crying quietly through the door. "Lucia? Are you in there?"

-No response-

"I know what's it's like to lose someone, I know what you're going through. To be able to get through those tough times, you need to have someone comfort you. Please, come here so I can give you a hug."
It went quiet. The crying stopped.
Slowly the door went open, and I saw Lucia covering her face with one hand. Without a thought I gave her a thight hug. "It's okay, Lucia. It's okay, I'm here." I told her with a warm voice as she rested her head on my chest.
"Thank you." Her voice cracked. She broke the hug and went to wash her face with cold water. Even with red, swollen eyes and smudged mascara covering her cheeks, she still managed to look beautiful..

I entered the classroom again, Lucia entered after me after she fixed her smudged mascara. To my surprise I saw Mr. Davis sitting by the desk, don't we have biology this hour? After we sat down, Mr. Davis started to speak: "Hello class, Mrs. Collin is... sick, so I'm replacing her lesson, because I have been a biology teacher in the past." Well, there's the answer to my question. When he stopped speaking, the class started to be noisy again. Can't my class shut up for 30 seconds? Everyone was talking about Madelynn, I overheard some conversations. "Have you guys seen it on the news?"
"Yes! I can't believe this happened in our class, I wonder who killed her?"
Mr. Davis spoke up: "OKAY CLASS, BE QUIET, WORK ON YOUR HOMEWORK." Hmpf, I'm starting to dislike him more by the second.

School ended, I was about to walk out of school when I felt someone grab my arm. It was Lucia. " Hi Jame, I- I know this is very stupid, but.." She stopped talking. " But what?"
She continued: "I'm afraid to walk home alone. Could you please walk with me?" She looked at me with sad eyes.
I was surprised, no one ever asked me to walk them home. Does Lucia think I can protect her? I don't know why but my heart started to race at that thought. "I think I know why you're afraid, sure I'll walk you home." I winked at her and we walked out of the door.

We were walking through the woods, when something caught our eyes. It was a trail of blood? We looked at it in disbelief. "Is this blood?" Lucia asked. " I think so, I don't know"
We looked at each other when I came to a conclusion it must've been an animal shot by a hunter or something. "Yea that could be." We walked past it.

"So lucia, where do you live if I may ask?" I was curious because we were still walking through the woods. "Oh, we're almost there, don't worry."
That isn't a valid answer to me, but I believe her.

*gunshot*

I looked around to see where the gunshot was coming from.
"Did you hear that?" I asked when I noticed Lucia staring in a shocked way at me.

Before I knew it, everything went pitch black.