/Chapter 4/Madelynn

"Nothing's wrong, sorry I was just thinking about something." Mr. Davis said as he looked down to the ground. "Okay.." I was kind of freaked out, because he seemed to be in a trance or something. I went to sit down in front of him again, and everything went back to normal.

When I was heading home, I saw Lucia sitting on the side of the footpath. I walked up to her and asked: " Hey, school ended an hour ago, did you.." but she cut me off. "I'm waiting for my friend, but it seems like she ditched me. She told me to wait by the school building." I again didn't know how to respond. "Oh.." I said shyly. "I don't have anywhere to go. My parents are gone for two hours, they told me to stay over by my friend's house. Plus I forgot my key, how bad can this day get!", She said frustrated. After thinking about finding a solution, I figured she could stay over at my house.

We were walking to my house. Lucia: "Soo, How is school going so far? Have you made many friends?". "School is going just fine, and no, I haven't", I said. "Well, we are friends right?", she said happily. "Su-sure", I let out a smile. We arrived at home, and my uncle opened the door. Uncle: Hello Jame! Who is she? Is she your girlfriend?" Me: "Nooo! She is just a friend."
Thanks for embarrassing me, uncle. Lucia smiled shyly at my uncle, " Nice to meet you, I'm Lucia."
"Come in", my uncle said.
Lucia and I got close really quick, we were playing games, and she beat me! I can't believe it. Then suddenly her phone rang, she picked it up. "Hello? ...Oh hey mom! ...Yes I'm at Madelynn's house ....Okay I'm coming right now, bye!" She hang up. " I need to go", she said as I expected. Me: "Okay let me get your bag for you."
I waved her an goodbye as she walked out of the door. I like her.. No! I don't like her like that! She is just a nice friend, I guess.

-The next day-

I woke up, brushed my teeth, got dressed, but then something caught my eye as I took a glimpse from the tv screen. I was watching the morning news, and found out there was this rumour going on about a 'serial killer'? I was listening to the news readers' voice. "A fourteen year old girl, Madelynn Allison from Maysville, KY has been found stabbed in her room. There is no possibility she could've caused this herself, due to the multiple wounds in her hearth and stomach area. Police is currently doing further investigation."

Maysville, KY? That's where I live? Madelynn.. That name sounds familiar.
Then I suddenly realized something when I saw a picture of the girl.. She looks exactly like the girl Lucia sat next to. What's happening?