/Chapter 9/"Your first kill"

Everything went quiet, deadly quiet.

My eyes were still shut tight  after I pulled the trigger. I didn't dare to look, until I heard someone clapping from the left direction. I turned my head to the left and opened my eyes, still not looking at my own terrible doings. "Your first kill, Lucia." I looked at my father in disgust as tears were still rolling down my cheeks. I was planning to shoot my father until I realized the gun was empty, which makes sense. He continued talking: "You're a real killer now, I'm proud of you Lucia." He kissed me on the cheek. I hissed in shock. "I'll let you free now"

After my father untied the ropes, I did something I would've never expected myself to do. I punched him right in the face with all my strength. His black glasses flew against the wall, revealing his oddly familiar eyes. When my father was still holding his broken nose in pain, I took this as the chance to kick him in the place no man would've liked to get kicked in. In spite of the fact that I was still utterly shocked at what I just did, I kept kicking him over and over again. The scary thing is that I didn't feel any guilt, since I've always been a very sensitive person. All I felt was a strong wave of anger and irritation. After my father regained his strength, he tilted his fist to punch me back, but I quickly dodged it without a single thought. At the moment he was still swinging his fist, I ran up to his back, jumping on him while pushing my sharp fingernails into his eyes. "AAARGHH" He screamed in pain, but I didn't stop. In fact, I only pushed harder, causing blood to gush out of his eye sockets. "I CAN'T SEE, STOP" he screamed as he fell onto the ground.

I picked up Jame's knife out of his pocket, and walked back to my father. He was still screaming in pain on the floor, while holding his face with his blood- covered hands. I walked up to him and laughed at his misery. "How do you feel now? Having just gotten beat up by a teenage girl?" I humiliated him by kicking him again. He groaned while squirming in pain on the ground. I was about to stab the knife in his guts, until I recalled something.

I haven't seen his face since I was 6 years old. When he started killing people, he has always been covering up his face. I only remember blurred images of his hair- and eye color. Brown hair and hazel eyes, just like me. But that's the only thing me and my father share at this moment. It's time to find out my father's real identity. I went to take off his balaclava helmet. "You- you...." I took a few steps back in shock as I covered my mouth.

"You were my English teacher all this time?"

Flashbacks shot through my head. My father caressing me as I was upset about losing my toy, my father pushing me on the swing as I was laughing in happiness, my father wishing me goodluck before going to school everyday. How could he have turned into a reckless serial killer? And how did I never recognize his face all this time?

"Yes, I was Lucia. I changed my identity completely, so that you wouldn't recognize me." I still couldn't move due to the overload of flashbacks. He started explaining, still panting from our fight. "I faked my ID, I faked my study to become a teacher thanks to the wonders of 'hacking'. I faked my entire life because of my mental disor-"

I didn't let him continue his sentence. I've had enough of all this nonsense. People like my father don't deserve to breath in this world. I stabbed him in the guts, and again, and again, and again until he stopped moving.

"Lucia, he's- he's dead, let's go now please." I turned my head to my traumatized mother. But before I could answer, I accidentally catched a glance of Jame, with blood still gushing out of his scalp.

"Jame, I'll never forgive myself for what I did to you."
"This is all my fault."