Moving Day

Moving Day finely arrived. It was the middle of March and Paige took a couple days off work so she could have a four day weekend to get moved in and unpacked.
     It took her a day to pack everything up in their room. Kendall, who was excited about getting her own room even helped to pack up her things in boxes. Paige marked each box with the name of the room that it would belong in. It took most of the morning to get the room packed.
     Once the room was done Paige began to tare down her computer equipment and set it aside. Then she cleaned off her desk. After that she moved onto the bathroom and began packing her towels and supplies.
     Her mom went through the cupboards in the kitchen for some dishes and pans for Paige to start out with. She gathered some dish towels and cleaning supplies to give her.
     Her dad went to a uhaul rental place to rent a truck. The idea was to only make one trip. There was no way they was gonna fit the beds and furniture in any of their vehicles anyway.
     By the time they were due to sit down to dinner, they were loading the last of the items into the rental truck. But because it took so long to get everything loaded dinner didn't get prepared.
     In light of this Paige's mom decided she would cook something special. Picking up the telephone she called the pizza hut in the next town over for carryout. It was only 8 miles away so by the time pop got there to pick it up it was ready.

                  **********
     The next day dawned bright and early. Paige, her parents, and Kendall woke and had breakfast to start the day off right. Once breakfast was over Paige buckled Kendall into the backseat of her car while pop got into the truck and nanna got into her own car. With that they drove the two miles to the house.
Before beginning to move everything in.  Paige gave them the grand tour showing them around.
     Kendall ran from room to room in excitement. Suddenly she came across a room that was painted pink.
     "Mommy mommy, this is my room. I want this one."
     "Yes my peach, you can have this one." Paige laughed. "Now let's go unload the truck, shall we?"
     "Ok mommy."
     Family began to show up every now and throughout the day to give her something for her new home. Aunt kate gave her  a couch, cousin Lilly gave a recliner, uncle joe brought end tables, and grandpa Evan even brought her a small kitchen table and chairs.
     Other friends even brought her small appliances for her kitchen. A blender, a toaster, and a used microwave. Some neighbors brought homemade dishes of food.
     Paige was so excited that she had to give each person who came by, a grand tour of the house. It was this reason that it took all morning to get the truck unloaded an everything put into the rooms that it belonged.
     Once the truck was unloaded mom and pop took the truck back and went home leaving their girls to begin unpacking and start a new life on their own.
     Paige looked at her watch and seeing that it was 2 pm said "ok peach we will get your bed put together and made then unpack the kitchen. After that we will sit down to dinner. Then after dinner we will finish unpacking and organize your bedroom. Finely it will be bath time and off to bed."
     "Ok mommy."
     Paige and her daughter worked hard the rest over the evening unpacking. For dinner they sat down at their round little table in the dining room and had a chicken and veggie pasta casserole that aunt Rose brought by earlier that day.
     By seven thirty that evening they stopped for the night so that Paige could give her daughter a bath and tucked into bed.
     While Kendall splashed around with her toys in the tub, Paige went room to room installing highlights. She knew her daughter was scared of the dark and wanted her to sleep better.

               **********
     Over the next day and a half the two worked long and hard to get everything unpacked and put away and organized. They wanted their new home to look and feel perfect.
     During meal times they would talk about things they wanted to do to the house when fixing it up.  They talked about what types of flooring they wanted for each room. They talked about what color they should paint the walls in each room and what kind of curtains should go on each window.
     Kendall got really excited about having a garden planted in the back yard. "Mommy maybe we could have some tomatoes and onions and zucchini and carrots in our garden."
     "I think we can plant some of those."
     "I want some berry bushes too mommy."
     "Ha ha ha you Shure do want a lot of things in our little garden don't you? You'll have to help me weed it and water it when it doesn't rain. And you will have to help me pick the fruits and veggies."
     "Oh I will mommy." She solemnly swore.
     Paige wanted to be sure to include Kendall in the process of fixing up their new home. She wanted Kendall to feel proud of their home.
     They cleaned up the dinner mess and spent the rest of the evening cuddling on the couch and watched a Disney movie.  
     Then around 7:30 Paige gave her daughter her bath and put her to bed. She had school the next morning and Paige had work.