New York here we come!

Two days had passed since their little garden had been planted. Page and Kendall went on their normal routine. The found bricks stacked in Pages bedroom and covered were soon forgotten in the normal daily routines.
     But dad didn't forget. It was Tuesday evening just after dinner that the phone rang. "Hi dad," she said as she answered her cell phone.
     "Hi kiddo," he said. "I did some research on the gold bricks we found."
     " what did you find out?"
     "Well, I found that gold is worth $1,266.90 per ounce. And each brick is usually 400 ounces each. This means that if real each one is worth $506,760 per brick."
     "But dad, there's a hundred bricks. That would make a combined total of over fifty million dollars." Paige gasped.
     "Yes I know," he said.
     Paige closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "Ok. So what do we do about this?"
     "We have to take it to a bank in New York that will exchange it for cash. They will transfer the money to your account. It will take a few days to clear then you will have access to it." He explained to her.
     "So when do you want to go?"
     "Well, it will take a couple days to get a Uhaul. I think we should leave around Friday. We can be there by Sunday and go to the bank first thing Monday morning. We can then take a plane home getting back by Monday night. We'll only miss two days of work."
     "Ok. We can do that. I will let work know when I go in tomorrow." On that note, she hung up with her dad and went to clean up the table and dinner dishes.
     Trying to put the mind-boggling news out of her mind she went to her computer planning on doing some writing as Kendall was putting in a movie to watch.
               ******
     Friday morning dawned bright and warm. Paige took Kendall and her weekend bag over to her parents. Her mom was keeping her while she and her dad went on their trip.
     When Paige got there she saw a small U-Haul truck in the driveway. She walked into the house and her dad was just finishing his coffee. Kendall ran in to see nanna and tell her all about the garden they planted.
     Putting his cup in the sink he asked, "well kiddo, are you ready to get this truck loaded?"
     "Let's do this dad." She answered.
     They got into the truck and headed back to Paige's house. As he backed into the driveway Paige opened the garage door so he could back into it. They didn't want people to see what they were loading into the truck.
     It took an hour to transfer all the bricks into the truck so they could head out.
     When the truck was loaded Jessie locked the door to the back. This way No one could just open it up and steal what they had in it.
     Once this was done They headed out stopping by McDonald's to get some muffins and cookies and something to drink on their trip.
     They drove taking turns driving. They stopped only to get gas, eat and use the bathroom. Then at night once it got dark to sleep.
     By the time they got to the city that the bank was in, it was early Sunday afternoon. Jessie drove to the hotel and parked in the parking garage and they headed into the building to check into their rooms.
     Their rooms were right next to each other with a connecting door in between. Looking around her room Paige was amazed at how fancy it was. She wasn't used to anything this fancy.
     She turned at the sound of a knock on the door between her room and her dad's room. Walking over she opened it up and smiled.
     "This place is an amazing dad. I can't believe how beautiful and fancy it is."
     "Yes it is pretty spectacular, isn't it? Anyway, I came to say why don't you and I get cleaned up and then go down to the dining room for dinner then call it a night. I'm sure we both beat from the long trip. We won't have to catch a plane until 6 pm tomorrow so we can do some sightseeing after we get done at the bank."
     "Sounds great dad." She said and turned to get a change of clothes and her bathroom travel case. Jessie went back to his room to shower too.
     Forty-five minutes later they both came out of their room cleaned and refreshed.  
     "Let's do this" Paige punched her father's arm in an affectionate manner and together they took the elevator to the first floor where the dining room was located.
     They were shown a seat and given their menu and gave their drink order. Since it was a special occasion Jessie ordered a beer and Paige ordered a strawberry margarita. As they waited for their drink they looked over the menu and decided on steak and baked potato with a vegetable medley.
               *****
     Monday dawned bright and early. They got to the bank just as it was opening. Jessie leads the way to the counter and asked to see int bank manager. The woman behind the counter picked up her phone and a moment later a gentleman in a suit came up to them.
     "Hi I'm Josh Witney, what can I do for you this morning?"
     "Hi, I am Jessie Mackie. We are here to discuss a business transaction. With you."
     "Well step into my office shall we Mr. Mackie?" He turned and lead the way. Once they were in his office he gestured for them to have a seat.
     "What kind of business matter can I help you with?"
     "Gold," replied Jessie, " my daughter here recently bought a house and when we were digging up the garden we found some gold bricks. We want to cash them in and have the money put into her account."
     "I see and where are these gold bricks your talking about?"
     "We have them outside in the truck."
     "May I see them?"
     " sure let's go" Jessie escorted Mr. Whitney out to the truck and opened the back so he could see into it.
     "All that?" He gasped not believing his eyes. "When you said some gold bricks I thought you meant maybe three or four at the most. Not all of these. How many is there?"
     "We have 100 bricks in total," Jessie replied.
     " well then let's get these into the bank. We have a cart that we can stack about half of them on at a time."
     Paige just followed the men back and forth through the whole process. She let her dad handle the whole thing.
     When they got every last brick into the vault and counted. Mr. Whitney gave them a receipt of deposit.   
     "Ok now, do you wish to open an account here with the money or transferred to a different account?"
     Paige spoke for the first time. " I want the money to go into this account." She handed Mr. Whitney a piece of paper with her account number on it.
     But instead of taking the paper he looked at Jessie.   
     "That's correct Mr. Whitney this is my daughter's account and her gold. It was on her property when found."
     "Well, then Miss. Mackie let's see what we can do here." He then took the paper from her and started doing some calculations on his calculator. Then he began typing information into his computer.
     "Ok I am depositing fifty million, six hundred seventy-six thousand dollars into your account and it should clear by the first of next week. Is there anything else I can do for you folks today?"
     " no, thank you, sir." Replied Paige.
     "Well then, here's my card if you ever need anything in the future"
     "Thank you, sir. You have a great day." With Paige's parting comment they left the bank to do some site seeing before they had to be at the airport to head home.