Goodbye Job Hello dream

They got off the plane at 11 pm that night. Kate was there to pick them up and take them home.
     Because it was late Paige and Kendall would stay at her parent's home so Kate could get Kendall off to school and Paige could sleep in and get some rest before having to be at work on Wednesday morning.
     "How did everything go with the banker today?" Kate had asked on the drive home.
     "It went rather well," Jessie remarked. "The banker deposited over fifty million into her account and said she would be able to access it by next week."
    "Wow! That much? That's a lot. If you invest it right Paige, you and Kendall will be set for life."
     "Yes mom," Paige said as she dozed off in the car.
     They got back home and everyone headed off to bed.

                    *****

     The next morning Kate got Kendall off to school as Paige slept. It was around noon before she woke up.
     "Do you want some lunch?" Kate asked her.
        "Sure mom I'd love some." Paige sat down at the table as Kate fixed her a ham and cheese sandwich and some chips. She then poured Paige a glass of milk to go with it.
     "So what are your plans now that you have this money?" Kate asked as she sat down with her own lunch.
     "I think I'm going to give work my notice and do freelance writing full time. I really love writing mom. I will also have more time and money to remodel the house." Paige contemplated out loud as she ate her lunch.
     "So what are your plans for the money? Are you just going to leave it in the bank, invest it or what?"
     "Well, I'm going to start a college fund for Kendall. Then I will put ten million into a trust fund for her when she's older.
     I need a more reliable car. I want a Toyota Prius. Then I will buy some stocks and CDs. Do a little investing. Maybe I will leave the rest in savings and live off the interest."
     "You have done a lot of thinking about this, haven't you?"
     "Yes, yes I have," Paige answered.
     "Well I'm glad you have a plan and aren't planning to blow right through it."

             *****
     The next day at work Paige asked her boss for a quick meeting. They walked together into the office and Paige shut the door.
     "I just wanted to say that I am turning in my two week notice."
     "Why are you quitting? You have been here more than four years."
     "Well Rhonda, I want to follow my dream of a writing career, and I want to spend more time with my daughter."
     "I see," Rhonda replied, "what if we moved you to part time? Would that work better?"
    Shaking her head no Paige answered, "no I want to be a full time writer."
     "I understand a person has to follow their passion in life. When did you want your last day to be?"
     Paige pointed to the last Friday of the month on the calendar on the wall by the door and said, "the end of the pay period."
     "Alright Paige, we will miss you here but will understand. Now lets get back to work."
     With that said Rhonda opened the door and they got back to work.

               *****
That night she got on freelancer.com, the freelance writing site where she got all of her writing jobs. She began looking for extra assignments to begin within the nextcouple weeks.
     Paige wanted to do more writing. Not because she needed the money, because now she didn't. She just loved to write.
     So she searched. As she come accord one she thought sounded interesting she would send a bid along with samples of her work.
     Not long in she found one that was looking for ongoing steady  work. She thought that would be cool to try for. They wanted four blog posts per month, a monthly newsletter, and product review articles.
     So she wrote out a bid  and sent her samples with it. Then continued going through the list of jobs.
     As she continued on she received a message about an hour later about the ongoing work assignment she was really interested in.
     'Dear Ms. Paige,
I read your bid and samples. I like what I have read. I believe you would be a perfect fit for this job. I am a hands on kind of guy. I believe communication is a big key in a working relationship. I have several ideas and am willing to take any ideas you may have into consideration too. I would like to meet with you to discuss everything. Do you have skype? We can schedule a time we can video chat about the project.
Sincearly,
Kasey Drew
Drew Enterprises'
     Paige sent a message back to him. 'Dear Mr. Drew, my skype handle is Paige Turner I am available to chat around six o'clock eastern time on Thursday evning. Sincearly, Paige.'
     Paige hit the send button and decided it was time to put Kendall to bed.
     "Kendall, bedtime" she called through the house. She found her daughter asleep on the couch while kendalls favorite movie played on the tv.
     Paige put her little girl to bed, turned off the tv, the lights, and went to bed herself.