Alexis and Beckett

This story takes place a week before caskett wedding.

It was 6am and they were both already awake, Alexis was in a friend's house and Martha was in Europe with her students, they had the loft all for themselves:

"I can't believe that we're already getting married next week" Beckett said getting closer to castle

"I know right?!" he agreed with her

"Oh god, Castle, we forgot to invite a person!!"

"Who?"

"Matilda"

"who's Matilda? Matilda King?"

"Yes I'm talking about her, don't you think we should invite her?"

"Yeah I think we should, after all she gave you the dress" Castle answered with a smirk on his face

"ok babe, I'll send her an email" she said while getting even more close to him. when their lips were almost touching, someone knocked on the door.

"I'll go get it" Castle said with an annoyed tone. 

"Alexis?! what you doing here?" he asked surprised.

"Hi dad! I know I said I was going to my friend's house but we've change our plans so I thought I could come home earlier!"

"Hi Alexis" Beckett said fro the couch 

In the beginning Alexis didn't really know why her father thought that Kate was different from his other girlfriends and ex-wives, but in that moment she understood him, Alexis already knew why Beckett was so different, and that's why she likes her, Kate is a strong person, romantic and comprehensive, she has a good heart, and between her father and her future step mother Alexis see the secret to have a wonderful relationship, they don't keep secrets, they share everything with each other, but for Alexis the best about Beckett is the fact that she just wants to be helpful, and more, she want to be a friend, Kate doesn't see Alexis as a daughter but as a friend and that's what makes her different.

"Hi Beckett! how are you?" Alexis asked

"I'm fine but I'm nervous about the wedding" Kate said while Castle was going upstairs to give some private time to his girls.

"Listen Alexis" Beckett started "as you know we're becoming a family which is weird enough, and I think it's time to you to stop calling me Beckett, why don't you just call me just Kate?" she asked raising her eyebrow.

"You're right, it's really weird to think that you're  actually becoming my step mother, it seems like yesterday I saw my dad suffering because of you and now you're just getting married but I'm very happy for the two of you. And about me calling you Kate, I just didn't do that cause when my dad calls you most of the times he calls you Beckett !"

"Yeah that's other awkward thing about me and your dad, since we first met we used to call each other for our last name and even now we still call each other for the last name its rare to me to call him Rick or for him to call me Kate, but that doesn't mean you can't call me Kate! ok?"

"Ok KATE" Alexis said raising her voice on Kate.

"Oh and remember that day when we meet in the cafe near the 12th?" Alexis continued

"The day you came back home?"

"Yes that day. I wanna thank you for that, it was pretty helpful to me, I think if it wasn't for you I wasn't home by now, thank's Kate!" she said and  sent her a little smile.

"You're welcome" Kate said.