« ║ GENOS ║ »

TITLE: “Why”

WORDS COUNTED: 487

PAIRING: Genos x Male Reader

WARNINGS: Angst║ Breaking down║ Mentions of death.

REQUESTED BY: James

“I challenge you, Haru, to create a one shot that has the maximum on 500 words and not less than 10 minutes!”

AUTHOR'S NOTE: James...

YOU KNOW I'LL NEVER BACK DOWN FROM A CHALLENGE BOI!!!

Anyways, I was challenge to create a one shot with only ten minutes and in the maximum of 500 words? Challenge accepted...

And my ten minutes starts...

NOW!!!

⁃══•❖•══⁃

『3rd Person Pov』

The blonde cyborg looked at the ground in greif as clutched a small piece of paper that is already crinkled and a bit torn on some of its edges.

His core ache as he still casted his gaze down the grassy ground. No noises came out of him or in his surroundings.

Where was he?

Why was he standing there?

Oh...

That's easy to answer...

The cyborg knelt down the ground as he slowly looked at the stone where a name was crafted...

His eyes blurred as a single tear fell down his cheek to the ground. One of his hand raised to his eye and slowly put a few distance away from it.

A cyborg crying?

'Why... Am I crying?' He thought as he felt the tears fell down more. His gaze then turned to the words crafted in the stone.

His core felt more pain as he lowered his head. The small piece of paper he was clutching awhile ago fell down the grassy ground.

Genos put his hands on the stone as he cltuched it softly. No force on his hands as a sob escaped his mouth.

"W... Why?"

He muttered out sadly as he wept.

"Why did you have to die?"

"To protect me?"

He continue to mutter sentences to himself.

A breeze passed by the area where the lonely cyborg knelt down and wept. The small piece of paper that was on the ground flew with the wind as the cyborg stood up.

The blonde then dried his tears with his handkerchief and then turned around to began walking away...

But not before looking back at the stone...

Now...

Where was the cyborg?

That's right...

In a graveyard...

The small piece of paper that flew with the wind, it had a printed picture of two boys.

One had yellow locks and bright yellow eyes that we're filled with joy. While the other had [Hair color] locks and had [Eye color] eyed eyes that are filled with satisfaction and joy too.

The two boys were both smiling and holding a peace sign while holding hands...

Do you know who the cyborg visited?

Ah, yes...

The cyborg, who was already out of the cemetary, remembered what was carved on the stone. His eyes started to water again as he gripped his robotic hands.

What was written on the stone...

The cyborg who he visited was...

[Name] [Last name]...