Chapter 5: King X Diane

THE INICIATION

Normal POV

It was Halloween night in Liones. Everyone is out trick or treating...except the college students. Tonight was initiation night. Diane stood at the bottom of the cemetery's old creepy tree. Many call this tree as the Hangman's tree. From what she read from Wattpad stories, they say if you wear a wedding gown and stand on the bottom, you have completely surrendered yourself. This action states that you have made your vows and is willing to marry the monster that is gonna claim you as his bride.

Diane wondered how she got into a situation like this. She remembers now, it was a Sorority initiation. There were other girls who are also undergoing the same fate as her. They are spread in other areas of the cemetery. They all wore wedding gowns. The test was to survive one night in the darkness and if anyone comes back unharmed and alive the next day, they pass. One of them is inside an empty coffin, the other one is laying in an empty burial ground, and one is walking around the open field. Diane picked the easiest one and that was standing under hangman's tree.

The bats of the night flew away as they felt a dark presence lurking in the shadows. The wind blew towards Diane. "guys...if this is part of the initiation, its not funny..." for all Diane knows, the Sorority sisters could be in partnership with the fraternity brothers in scaring the hell out of them. Diane backed away until her body hit the back of the tree. Diane was so freaked out that she thought that the branches were hands holding her dress. "calm down Diane, they were only twigs..nothing to be scared off...."

"oh really....." says a voice behind her. Diane froze. She wasn't able to turn around because a hand pulled her dress backwards. Diane tripped and fell back to the tree behind her. A hole appeared out of nowhere on the ground. It sucked Diane into the portal. "ahhhhh!!!" Diane screamed. Everything around her was spinning. There were upside down chairs and tables. Her face almost got hit by an incoming piano.
"help!" Diane's body was spinning too.
Her body hit a soft bed but jumped off due to the bounciness. "woah!!! HELP ANYONE!" Diane got hit with a pile of leaves. Some of them stuck on her hair and clothes. At the end of the hole, there was  light. Diane hopes that this ends well, she hopes that this was just a dream. Diane flew out of the rabbit hole screaming. She landed on a bush which she felt relief.
"ouch..what the hell was that?" Diane realized that this wasn't the cemetery anymore. It looked like a forest. She took a closer look at the cliff side and was amazed. She was on top of a very big tree. This tree wasn't green though, the leaves were pink.
"this must be a dream..I'm dreaming." Diane thought of herself as Alice in Wonderland but this time, nobody was helping her.

"hello? Is anybody here?" Diane called out. She didn't notice someone was floating right behind her.
"oh good you're alright."
"ahhhhh!!" she ran away from the voice. Diane was faced with a platinum blonde –haired kid. He seems to be wearing a green tuxedo.
"I thought I lost you when I brought you here. Sorry for pulling you..." he apologized.
"wait...who are you?!!!" Diane yelled.
"my name is Helbram....and you, are our Queen. The Fairy King would be so pleased." Helbram clapped as he congratulated Diane.
"what the hell are you talking about? I'm not your Queen!"
"if you're not the Queen, then why are you wearing a wedding gown? That shows that you are about to marry our King." Helbram clapped again. Diane's body was floating.
"waoh! Whats going on?!"
"I will take you to the altar. The King can't wait anymore to marry you." Diane's body started moving forward. She couldn't stop herself. Helbram was controlling her motion.
"you got the wrong girl! This must be a mistake!" she complained.
"there is no mistake my Queen. You chose to be married to our King and so, the wedding is on..." Helbram brushed off Diane's look of terror. What has she gotten herself into?