Chapter 10: King X Diane

Diane's  POV

The so called 'adventure' started so early in the morning. I'm not joking, King actually woke me up before sunrise. In Earthly time, he woke me up around 5:00 AM. Breakfast is not on today's agenda yet. We started walking towards a hidden path covered by large branches. Was it weird that Purgatory was both spooky yet beautiful at the same time? We passed through underground watery caves, mountain trails, and grassy fields until my stomach started to grumble.

"Can we have breakfast now?" I complained.
"I suppose. This rocky mountain trail looks like a safe place to hide." King kept walking forward. Looking around, I don't think there's any berries or shrubs growing around these rocky terrain.
"Diane! Hurry up!" King yelled at the top. I quickly climbed after him. He led me inside a small cave where steam was emitting from.
"Are you luring me to an oven because a steaming cave is not a good sign." I stated the obvious.
"Trust me on this." he went inside first, I followed him afterwards. The inside was lit by the holes and cracks on the walls. We reached the end of the cave where a small steaming puddle is located. Breakfast is served." he took a stick laying around the floor and started poking the puddle.
"I'm sorry but...what exactly are you doing?"
"Getting breakfast.."
"By stirring the puddle?" I gave him a pointed look.
"This part of the Fairy King forest is known for it's steaming clams. The heat emitting from the water is coming from the magma pool located near this rocky mountain trail." he gave me a lecture.
"So you're saying that we're staying near an active volcano???" Is he crazy?
"Such a destructive force of nature does not exist in purgatory. Think of the lava as regular flowing water. It is dormant and harmless unless you actually touch it." Wow, Purgatory sure sounds something like out of a fantasy game.

Something snapped against the tip of the stick. King pulled out a giant clam. "These are what we call Magma Clams. They live in the most hottest bodies of water in the Forest. Yes, in puddles too."
"So..if that's breakfast. How do we kill it?"
"It's already dead the moment it opened its mouth. The boiling point of the water pouched it's internal organs." King handed me the now warm clam.
"Purgatory is such a weird yet interesting place." I admitted. The clam's organs tasted delicious. It was boiled to perfection.
"There's a lot of things to love here. What is unusual to you...is normal for me." King kept on poking around the puddle. We ate around 20 clams. I moaned at the yummy flavor.

When I opened my eyes, King was sitting in front of me. He extended his hand signalling that he wanted me to open my mouth which I did. I sat there munching on the food he fed me. King smiled as he and I didn't let go of our staring contest. A blush formed on my face. "uh..t..thank you..." I aid after swallowing. That was unexpected.
"You're welcome. Let's hurry. We are about to cross the next arch."
"The next arch?" If I remember correctly, Helbram and I passed through an arch as well when I got here. The arch transported us elsewhere in the forest.

*****

Later...

We arrived at the rocky arch. The otherside looked the same as the rest of it's surroundings. I wonder whathappens when we cross this arch?
"We picked a bad time to bewearing such little clothing." says King. He started walkingforward. "C'mon!" I followed. As I stepped on the otherside of the arch, the topography changed. My body automaticallyreacted to the freezing cold.

"How did we get in the winterwonderland scene?!" I yelled out to King who was casuallystanding. Like the cold never bothered him anyways. My arms and legsare shivering from the coldness. Sitting down and hugging myself wasmy only option to keep warm. So this is what he meant by bad timingon clothing.