Chapter 13: King X Diane

Diane POV

The room was dark. Gloxinia locked me in a strong vine like prison. As cliche as it sounds, I'm currently held captive in a tower...I mean, tree tower. Nothing makes sense in this world anymore. I tried breaking the bars but the cocoon leftovers kept my arms and legs locked. I tried banging my shoulder against the cells. bad move, my shoulder throbbed at the impact. I know that its useless but how can I stop when the energy I'm getting it is from my anger.

I'm mad...no angry...no furious at King or Harlequin...whatever his name is! Elaine told me the truth. Everything was a lie. How could he lie to my face?! I trusted him. I thought Gloxinia was a liar but King was on a whole other level. I thought Gloxinia was the worst King but looks like HE fits the spot perfectly. There are two things I hate in life: One is nosy people and two is liars. King matched both profiles.

I don't want to talk to him..look at him..hell even want to hear of his existence at the moment. I just want to get out of here, go home and pretend that none of this ever happened. It will forever stay locked at the back of my mind for as long as I lived.

*****

Normal POV

The doors to the prison room opened. Gloxinia emerged from the light and into the darkness. The only thing lighting the room is the full moon's rays from the window. "Feeling cozy in there, Your Highness?" Gloxinia mocked.
"Why am I still here? You got the cup. My blood is there. What do you need me for?" She glared at him. He was a very confusing villain. Gloxinia didn't talk. He continued to stare down at Diane. "Stop staring. It's rude." She hissed. Gloxinia still kept silent. Diane felt uncomfortable under his gaze. If only she could crawl into his mind and see what he is thinking of.

"You should be thanking me." The devil finally spoke.
"Thank you? What in heavens name should I be thanking you for? Let me guess....I have to thank you for dragging me to Purgatory by force? Thank you for forcing me to marry you? Or Thank you for lying to me and trying to brainwash me? Huh?!" Diane was breathing heavily from her anger.

Gloxinia didn't bat an eye on what she said. Instead he replied with facts. "How about, thanking me for saving your ass back there? Don't deny that you oh so wanted to get away from Harlequin. Thanks to me you finally found out his true purpose. You call me a liar when there's a King who has been lying to you.....tricking you......deceiving you......breaking your trust this whole time. Admit it, no matter how much you want to leave the cage you are glad that Harlequin isn't around you at this moment."

That shut Diane up. Gloxinia was right about the some points but the other is plain nonsense. "So what? You don't care! You were about to kill me after getting my blood! At least King wouldn't kill me." She retorted. The nerve of him calling things that are not true and claiming the truth as negatives.

"You still haven't answered my question."
"Hmm?"
"Why did you actually kidnap me? You could have just drank the cup and left it at that." She stated.
"It is true. You are of no use to me now but,I had to get you away from them." He answered. "I have an offer that I know you would die to get your hands on."
"Pfft. What could you possibly have that I would want?" Diane was smart. She can't offer her wings. Those things have already grown on her back.

Gloxinia took out a small pouch from his back pocket. He held it right in front of Diane's face. "I know you want to leave very badly. So I am 100% sure that you will want whats inside." And with that, Gloxinia explained the contents and its function. His words left Diane with second thoughts.

*****

Later...

King had woken up from his long recovery. Elaine every magic left in her to heal her brother's wounds. Those branches left scares within King's internal organs. Elaine managed to make it disappear along with the wound but the pain is still there. Every time King moves, his hips would feel as if it's muscles were contracting.

That kind of pain wasn't gonna stop him from rescuing Diane at all. He insisted on going back to the Fairy King Tree with our without Elaine's assistance. Unfortunately, Elaine had to lay down to recharge herself. King had to the rescue mission alone.

So here he is now, hitching a ride on some wild eagles. As they flew pass the Fairy King Tree, King swooped down from the clouds and crashed into the roof of twigs of the Tree. Obviously the guards or Gloxinia must have heard of the crash so he had to work fast.

King leaned against the wall as he felt the throbbing on waist getting tighter. Nonetheless, he kept going. "Diane...." he saw Diane sitting at the far end of the cell hugging her legs tight.
"King?"
"I've come to rescue you..." Diane didn't respond. She just looked the other way. It was visible to King that she was still angry at her.
"You can hate me later, right now I need you to cooperate." He summoned Chaste and morphed it into a spear thus slicing through the vine bars. King took hold of Diane and made her ride on his back.
"Hold on tight..." Diane still wasn't talking to him but she did what she was told. King and her flew out of the hole from the roof. The two had made their escape. King felt strange. He wondered why there weren't any guards following him. More importantly, why isn't Gloxinia here to stop him? Everything is quiet. Too quiet.

*****

Meanwhile...

Gloxinia watched from his balcony of the attempted rescue mission. He let out a sinister smile. He really fooled the Queen yet again with his act.

"Go My Queen........I want to see you...suffer...." he laughed as he walked away from the balcony and into a forbidden room where the cup of holy water from the Fountain Of Youth resided.

*****

To make sure everything wasn't a trap, King checked Diane if this was part of a plan to capture him. "Diane....."
"I want to go home...." she answered direct to the point.
"Please...let me explain...."
"I want....to....go.....home....." Diane gritted her teeth.
"If you could just hear me out.....you'll unders-----"

"I don't care! I want to go home! Away from you! Away from all of this! I don't want anything to do with this!" Diane was thrashing around. King lost balance. It didn't help when the pain on his lower abdomen was triggered. He had to land before they fall hard to the ground.

Once they safely landed, Diane immediately got off King's back. She tried walking away but King grabbed her arm tight. "Let go!"
"Not until you hear what I have to say!"
"I don't want to hear anymore lies coming from you!" Diane tried fighting back but King held both of her wrists.
"Let go! Stop feeding me with your lies! You used me! You betrayed my trust! I thought I could trust you! Why would you hide it all?!" Diane started kicking and screaming. At this rate, they might get caught since King was still on enemy territory.

"Why?! Why?! Why?!" Diane thought King was her hero. She really thought that he was a good guy.....a sweet guy...a loving guy........the guy who captured her heart. But now, he was the one who broke it.
"I can't loose you....not now.......not ever again.....again....and again....." he yelled in return. She really thought that he would help her. Well he didn't. All she had done to save Elaine and herself was all for NOTHING. What Elaine said and Gloxinia explained, SHE CAN'T LEAVE PURGATORY EVEN WITH WINGS.

"Let...me...go!" Diane's wrists were hurting.
"No!"

With Diane open, King couldn't contain himself anymore and smashed his lips against Diane's. The sudden kiss made Diane shut up. King grabbed a fist of her hair and pulled Diane's head closer to him. He was the worst. Kissing Diane in such circumstances. Diane knew of the inappropriate moment and yet, instead of fighting back, Diane kissed him back.