Chapter 7: King X Diane

Royal Rebel

Diane's POV

The King was here. I can seehim walking down the red carpet...I mean, floating down the redcarpet. He wasn't like the other fairies. All of the fairies hadsmall wings while his resembled of a butterfly. I am amazed at hiswings. They are so big... so well detailed... so..beautiful. I was sodeep in thought that I didn't notice that he was only like metersaway from. My heart was pounding. I was about to be forcefullymarried to this stranger. Realization kicks in that I cannot get outunless I have wings. I want to...but not by marrying this stranger.

As King Gloxinia approachedarrived at the altar, I held in a laugh. He was so tiny. Like hisstature was that of a child. I know fairies are supposed to be largein age but small in stature but seeing it up close, it's laughable.

"You look beautiful, myQueen." his voice snapped me out of my silent laughing. Gloxiniatook my hand and kissed it. An uneasy chill ran down my spine.
"Thishand will be more beautiful with our wedding worn on it." Theway he said it creeped me out.

This is not good. I amfreaking out, what can i do to escape?!
"Please..you have thewrong girl." I tried to reason but he instantly gripped my handattempting to break it.
"There are no mistakes, My Queen.Youchose to be with me....and be with me you shall..." I can tell by the way he said it that he was indeed bad news. I feel like thebattered wife with the abusive husband.

"Oh hell no. I am notyour Queen!" the crowd gasped. Even their priest. Gloxiniaglared for a moment then smirked.
"Of course you are not yetmy Queen. We haven't been married yet." I heard 'awes' from thecrowd. Seriouly? They're convinced by this? Gloxinia took my arm inhis and made us face the priest.

"You may start,Father." Gloxinia said. His hold on my arm tightened. That'sgonna leave a bruise soon.

"Dearly beloved. Weare gathered here today to celebrate the love..." Oh hell no."..... between Fairy King Gloxinia and our soon-to-be Queen,Lady....uh...." the priest turned to be.
"C'mon my love,tell the Priest your name." Gloxinia hid the impatience underthat smile.He threatened me by keeping on tightening his grip on myarm. I bit my lip at the pain.

"D..Diane." thepriest smiled. Gloxinia smiled before loosening his grip.

"And.....Lady Diane.May they cherish this life and------"

I didn't want to hear it. Myeyes scanned every corner of the, every bush, every branch that couldhelp me escape this wedding. But with Gloxinia's arm locked againstmine, how can I? Please...anyone...save me. My body was shaking. Ihoped that this is just a dream and that I will be back in my dormlike nothing ever happened.

"------ and bring themever lasting peace through out eternity as husband and wife."the priest paused. He took out something behind him. A pillow withtwo golden rings with a diamond encrusted flower were displayed.

Gloxinia finally let go ofmy arm. I was about to make a run for it, but how can I? We arefloating like 100 feet above ground. The whole venue is in an aerialsetting. I can't fly and I'm pretty sure Gloxinia would kill mebefore I can even step away. What am I gonna do? Even so, I had toget away. As I was about to move back, something caught my legs. No,something is holding my feet together on the ground. Looking down, Iwas met with two vines planting me to the ground. I can't move away!

Gloxinia took the two ringsand then faced me. "With this ring, I give you my all...."He raised the ring high up for all the guests to see. The ring wasequivalent to the wonders of the rainbow. It shined bright with theseven colors present in every glass crust. My eyes started to getdrowsy. Everything looked so blurry. Why am I suddenly feeling tired?"A symbol of my love to you, Lady Diane.." Automatically,my hand stretched out, showing off my ring finger was ready to beclaimed. This isn't my doing. It's like my body is moving on its own.

Normal POV

The crowd cheered as theKing declared his love speech to the realm. Without anyone knowing,"Ah!" Gloxinia clutched his arm as the blood oozed out fromits small gash. The ring was hanging casually by a single archeryarrow at the top of a tree trunk. "Curses!" everyone turnedaround to see who had launched the unwanted arrow.

Meanwhile, Diane finallysnapped out of her trance. Her vision seemed to be back to normal."What..just happened?" that wasn't her responding soobediently to Gloxinia. Upon seeing his bloody hand and angeredexpression, she followed everyone's gaze to the person standing atthe very top of the tree.

"Not him again..."says the priest. Diane squinted her eyes to get a better vision ofthe person. He didn't show much, just a thick cloak with a bow andarrow.
"Who is that?" Diane whispered toherself.
"Guards! Protect the Queen!" Gloxinia ordered.The fairy guards sprung into action, making a human barrier in frontof the Queen. Gloxinia charged ahead of the intruder. The man on theother end did not hesitate to jump of from his location. The two wereheading head-to-head with each other. Gloxinia pulled out a daggerfrom his utility belt while the stranger pulled out his dagger aswell.

"My Queen, we have toget out of here..." Helbram appeared behind Diane.
"What'sgoing on?!" She screamed.
"I'll explain later. Rightnow, we have to get you out of here." Helbram flickered hisfinger making Diane float once again. The two flew away from thebattle field. They made their way to the unclaimed part of the FairyKing tree. This forest was dark and thick enough for them to hideuntil the battle subsides.

"we'll be safe here, MyQueen." says Helbram. They landed on the river bank. Helbramstared at the distance of the tree. Everything was in chaos. "Damnthat rebel..." Helbram hissed.
"What the hell justhappened?!" It's a good thing that whoever did this stopped thewedding. I must thank them. I wanna know who.
"You do nothave to worry about it, My Queen. Such petty problems are not for youto solve." Helbram assured me.
"At least tell me whothat rebel you are reffering to." I hate it when people keepsecrets from you.
"He is a rogue. An outcast of the fairies.He had comitted a grave sin and after that, continued his sinfulness.Multiplying his sins at any chance given." There's always thatblack sheep in a perfect family.
"Who is he?" I know Ishould thank him for creating a diversion but now hearing Helbram'swords, maybe it's not a good idea to come closer to this man.
"Hisname is not to be spoken...."
"Helbram...I wannaknow...." I glared at him. This glare meant 'I am your Queen andyou do as I say' gesture. Yes, I pulled the Queen trump card onhim.
"Alright.." He sighed. A smile formed on my face."His name is Harle------" Helbram coughed out

blood. The sight of it madebile rise to my throat. I covered my mouth to hold it in.

Helbram fell forward. I nowsee what had caused it. An arrow to his lower abdomen. I scanned thearea looking for the source of the weapon until my eyes landed on ashadowy figure standing a few meters away from behind Helbram.

It was him! The unknownarcher from the wedding reception. He took threatening steps closerto me. I didn't move an inch fearing that he might shoot me as wellif I try to run. I sat there trembling on the cold river bank ground.He was now standing just an inch near me. I looked up at his face. Itwas hidden behind the cloak and a mask. The rebel leaned down tillhis face was close to my eardrum.

"Call me.....King..."was what he said. All of a sudden, my vision started to blur again. Ifelt a stinging feeling on my arm. Looking down, the last image I sawwas a pointed white flower punctured like a needle on my skin. Mybody went limp and fell forward. The rebel named King caught me inhis arms.

"Now..you're safe, Myprecious Queen...." and then I blacked out.