Three. Realisation

"Come again say what now?" I asked

"You heard me." Serv retorted while crossing his arms.

"I know....Serv! I was being sarcastic" I said while flailing my arms about. If he wasn't at least a safe distance from me,I'm pretty sure I would have hit him. No,not what you're thinking. It would have been purely accidental because of the darkness. Yes,I would've blamed the darkness and yes,our little chat had taken quite some time.

Aiden was about to say something but I put one hand up for him to hold on first while balancing the other on my waist. I didn't miss the inquisitive/excited look on his face and my questions would never be answered if I let him speak first.

My questions are more important right?

"Three months Serv!! Three bloody months...."

I heard Aiden chuckle and muttle,"oooh Ana cursed. This should be interesting. "

I normally would have said something to that but i pretended not to hear. I was in business mood.

I continued "......three bloody months and not once did you think of telling me all this? Did you not think I would have wanted to know before all this? Did you...."

"Then what Aylia ?" he cut off my ranting.

"Would you have refused to help save an entire civilisation ? Would you have just ignored the people suffering from that dictatorship and would you have just let innocent people die?" he continued with a pained look on his face.

This was the first time his facial expression ever changed. This must be so painful for him. That was the moment all my anger,frustration and feeling of betrayal vanished completely.

It was then, I realized I was totally wrong in getting angry at Serv for not telling me about this. It couldn't have been easy to watch your home torn Down and leave your home,maybe forever. It must have to difficult to let go of everything and everyone that you love to base yourself on the hope that maybe the person you're going to train will save your world.

I now understood why he always wore that expressionless face. I now understood why he trained me so hard. His world.....our world depended on me and the 9 other special ones.

"I understand." was all I said.

"I lost my sister in the takeover..."

Wait what?

"Saudana. She was older than me in 5 years. The only family i had left.She had stood outside the portal fighting off Laravs when I brought the essences to earth. By the time they were all dead,the energy of the groueli was finished and the portal closed. That was the last time I saw her. 18 years ago. I don't even know if she's alive or dead" he continued with a defeated look on his face.

Looking at Serv, I could only imagine what he went through.
If I were to be separated from Jayden for 18 years,heck I would have handled it less calmly than Serv was doing. Jay might be annoying and disgusting sometimes but I loved my younger brother to pieces and a life without the little bugger......well,to mildy put it,won't be pretty. At all.

I couldn't help myself, I gave Serv a hug. He immediately stiffened then relaxed and hugged me back.

I chuckled mentally. The tough guy probably wasn't used to things like hugging or showing emotions and stuff but sometimes,even tough guys need people to be there for them.

"Ok...ok. Enough of this sentimental stuff..." he said while pulling out of my arms.

"you've got to get home,eat and rest. We continue with our training tomorrow." That said,he left the clearing leaving me and Aiden in our spot.

Looking at Aiden, I noticed he had tears in his eyes and that's when I realised I too had a few tears in mine.

Wiping mine inconspicuously, I smirked and said

"Need a hug too Aid?"

"oh shush!! We all have our moments but I'll take you up on that offer some other day. Though it's part of my best friend privileges when i think of it."

Oh Aiden...

"Let's go home. My parents must be worried." And we made our way out of our spot.

"So,you're some magical....no,no like you say 'mutated' human huh?" he said while air quoting the mutated.

I shrugged. I guess so.

Becoming serious, I turned to look at him "Aid, I really am sorry for not telling you about all this. You're my best friend and I should have told you but i guess I just freaked out and didn't tell you cause I didn't want you to hate me or stay away from me.I need you dude. I was still also figuring it out myself."

"Nah, it's ok. I can imagine how you must have felt learning something as overwhelming as that."

"And I know you need me....dude. I need you too. I love you Ana."

"I love you too Aid."

We in front of my house by now and I could hear the voices of my family inside talking and laughing. That brought a smile to my face.

Hearing about Serv's family made me more appreciative of how happy,complete and normal my family was.

"Night Aid. You'll tell me all about your camp and the chicks you scored tomorrow.Now I'm exhausted and hungry" I said while gently tapping my stomach.

As if on cue,my stomach rumbled.

Aiden chuckled and said "Oh yes. I think the entire neighborhood knows you're hungry. Greet your parents good night for me. Night bestie " he smirked and waved. Making his way to his house.

Smiling and shaking my head, I turned and headed in. My dad and Jayden were watching a football match and my mum was cleaning dishes in the kitchen.

"Hi mum,hi dad. Sup Jay..."

"Hey kiddo" my dad said

"Maya" Jay acknowledged

"Hi sweetie,how was your day at Aiden's house?" oh! The lie...

"It was great mum.I'll have dinner in my room and I'm going straight to bed. I'm exhausted."

I left the living room,went to the kitchen and took my food in a plate.Going up, I said

"Night dad,night mum, night Jay."

"Night kiddo"

"Night Maya"

"Night sweetie. Don't forget to take that shower"

"Yeah,you stink." Jayden butted in.

I groaned.

"Yes mum. Who even forgets to take a shower ?" I muttered the last part to myself and went into my room. I kept the food on the bed and went to take a shower.

Getting out, I put on my fluffy Dracula pajamas,gobbled up my food,went to bed and dozed right off.

So....how was this chapter ?
Thanks for reading
Vote
Comment
Share
Follow.
Tray-CKierra