Four. Faster than one can say Rumplestiltskin

I jolt up awake the next morning thinking I have training with Serv. Wondering why my alarm didn't ring, I look at my alarm clock by my bedside and I see it's 5:18 a.m.

I let out a very un-ladylike groan.....

Oh how mum would be so proud of me

......and start to wake up. Just then I remember it's Sunday, I don't have training with Serv, I get to sleep for as long as I want. That brings a smile to my face as I get back under my covers and fall into a wonderful sleep.

It's my mum's voice that wakes me up next.

"Maya......Maya honey......MAYA!!!"

At this last call, I jump out of bed panicking,holding my palm to my chest. I don't even want to imagine how much of a cave woman I resemble now.

"Geez mum,have pity on my eardrums.

"Sorry baby I did try waking you gentler but you just won't wake up. And nuhuh don't gimme that 'but mum' look. I did let you sleep till 11:30"

Whoa!! I'd been sleeping for that long? Huh. I guess I'd been more tired than I thought.

Getting my sluggish body off my bed, I stretched,ran a hand through my naturally really curly hair and went to take a bath. After I've done all my morning thingies though I wouldn't exactly call it morning thingies now seeing as it wasn't exactly morning....

How do you call doing morning functions at 12:00? Brunch functions ?

That last thought had me laughing and shaking my head at my own stupidity.

.... I decided to go downstairs. Making my way down, I moved to the kitchen to see my mum had already set up a plate of eggs,bacon and a glass of Orange juice by the side. Oh how I love my mum.

"Thank you mum. You're the best" I shouted across the house cause I didn't know exactly where she was. Without waiting for a reply, I gobbled up my food faster than one can say Rumplestiltskin. I'm not a fast eater. Honestly. I'm blaming it on the extremely hungry stomach I have.

"How charming. Always one for elegance and grace huh Ana?"

Turning around, I found Aiden smirking at me with one eyebrow perfectly cocked standing by the kitchen door.

I stuck my tongue at him while playfully glaring at him and washed my plate in the sink.

You might wonder why I wasn't alarmed to see Aiden in my house just prancing around being the annoying person he is.....but being best friends with the guy,he took to come in and out of my house whenever he wants. Even if I'm not there. Funny part is,my parents don't even care. When he's with them,one could think he's the son and I'm the best friend. But I don't mind,cause the same thing happens at his house. His mum treats me like her very own daughter.

"What do you want ?" I asked him more coldly than I planned to while moving towards him.

This just earned a chuckle from him and he continued smirking.

"Well,you see,since yours truly...."he said while pointing to himself

"......has been away from you for so long because of the wonderful adventure that is football camp and i know for a fact that your life has basically been miserable without me cause I'm the oxygen that you breathe, I expected you to come running to my house this morning to get your feel of me but when not so surprisingly I come here and find your lazy butt still in bed, I decided,being the amazing bestie I am to wait for you and later give you a fun filled day." he finished smirking.

I rolled my eyes. Drama queen.

"Who even says bestie anymore ? What are you? Five?" I said while scrunching up my nose.

"And Aid, I don't need you,in fact..."

"Tut tut. It's ok Ana. I understand. You don't have to say anything at all. I know how much I mean to you"

"Whatever dude"

If only he were wrong.

Smiling, I went with Aiden to the living room where my dad was reading the paper and Jayden was nowhere to be found. Interesting.....he was hardly around anymore. Maybe it had to do with that girl he had been obsessing over. I'll have to grill him later.

Decided,"Dad, I'm going over to Aiden's. Marie is at work and I'm not sure Riley and Hailey will stay for so long."

That was just an excuse to leave of course. Riley and Hailey were Aiden's twin older sisters. They were older in about 3 years. They were in college and they came home to visit for a while. I really liked them cause they were like me somehow but they could be a pain too. No matter what,i loved them like they were my flesh and blood.

"Sure kiddo. How you doing son? Greet Marie"

"I'm good John. I sure will."

And we left the house. Good thing Aiden lived only 3 houses away cause I might have been training like a horse but i didn't want to walk across town. No siree!! Too much exercise seeing as Aiden didn't bring his car.

We walked in comfortable silence and got to Aiden's house.

"Wanna bet Riles is singing and Hailes is tryanna dance?" I said.

He just chuckled with a fond look on his face.

"They might be annoying sometimes,but those two never fail to crack me up"

I wasn't surprised when we entered the house and found them doing exactly that.

It was good Marie wasn't home cause I don't think she would have been able to handle it. The woman had a tiring job,two daughters in college and a teenage son to take care of. She truly was a strong woman and i really admired her.

Marie was a lawyer....pretty impressive one at that who had lost her husband in a plane crash when Aiden was just 5 and the girls were 8. Instead of being depressed,resorting to drinking and other things some people would have done, she left her kids with her sister for two weeks,took that time to really mourn,then got back her kids and worked harder than ever for their future. She even made partner. If one ever needed a very good lawyer,Marie was the person for you. And she did all this without neglecting her children,not even once. I should know. I was practically her kid too.

In the bedroom hallway on our way to Aiden's bedroom,i was suddenly tackled to the ground by a long legged person.

"Oh it's tackle Maya Sunday ? Why didn't you tell me Riles?" and I felt another body jump on me.

Ow....is that i crack i heard? Darn!! My favorite bones. Yes! I have favorite bones. Sue me.

"Yes Riles,Hailes I missed you too. Now could you please get off me ?" I managed to choke out.

"Okey dokey " they both said in unison and rose from my body. Darn creepy twin things but I didn't miss their very wide grins.

Wincing, I tried to get up. When I finally succeeded,i turned and saw Aiden trying to suppress a laugh with his fist.

That traitor!!!!

"You.....you.....you Judas!!! I managed to wince out." You couldn't even help me from the twin horrors."

Angrily, I shoved past him,got into his room and shut the door. I heard him laugh.

The nerve of that guy. Why am I friends with him again ? Oh right....he gave me his pencil in kindergarten. Damn my stupid fragile young mind!!!

It's like he finally composed himself and tried to get in. When he discovered the door was shut,

"Hey!!! That's my room! Ana...you can't lock a person out of their own room"

"oh yeah?? Watch me."
I retorted with a smile on my face. At least I knew this day was gonna be fun.

Whew!! So there it is. I'm so extremely sorry you had to wait this long for a chapter. I'll change i promise. And I'm sorry,you didn't get an insight of her powers but i assure u it will come up in following chapters. I just wanted to give you an insight of her life.
Thanks for reading
Vote
Comment
Share
Follow me