Five, Responsibility....what to do??

Aiden and I were still at his house hanging out. I really missed this guy. The homey feel of his house could really make you feel comfortable. Riley and Hailey had gone out a while ago on a double date with their boyfriends. Must be a twin thing.

As I was scrolling through my news feed on instagram, I couldn't help but wonder about what Serv had said. It was alot to take in and I hadn't quite gotten around to thinking about it.

It felt so strenuous and alot of responsibility to be the last hope of an entire civilization. The people depending on me.....well, I and the other nine. But still,it was a whole load of responsibility. I didn't want to see it as a burden because it would be wrong to think that of my people. What if I messed up? What if I let everyone down? What if I'm not who they expect me to be? What if......

"Whatcha thinking about girlie?" Aiden said while plopping himself down on his bed,next to me, getting comfortable by folding his palms behind his head;stretching his oh-so-muscular arms and disturbing my train of thoughts.

"Don't call me girlie...." I said while scowling

"And have you been working out more Mr oh-so-muscular?" I finished while poking said biceps with the forming of a tiny smile on my face.

"Yup!" He said while popping the 'p' and smirking at me.

"You know,gotta give the ladies something to feel. My gorgeous looks and beautiful eyes isn't just enough for some chicks these days" he fake huffed and pouted.

That cocky son of a bachelor....

I just could help it. I laughed. I laughed so hard I shed a few tears. I could see him trying so hard not to laugh but he finally gave in and laughed along. When I was done,

"You poor baby. Must be torture. Does that mean you've improved on your measly four pack?" I smirked taunting him knowing fully well that we would fall for it.

"Firstly Ana,a four pack isn't measly. Do you Know how difficult it is to get them? And yes! I've improved. You wanna see?" He said while smirking.

Oh how I'm gonna kill him. But I gotta admit. I was really curious to see. So I did what any normal person in my place would do..... I tore off his shirt and punched the arrogant asshole....

Ha!! Kidding!! I ordered him to prove himself... dramatically might I add and show me the goods. Someone passing by would have thought we were doing drugs. Hahahaha. And my oh my did he improve. A six glinting muscular pack was no joke but of course,why tell him that? No need inflating his already massive ego. I just smirked and said

"....meh. You could do better."

"Wha...what? You suck Ana. So.....tell me. What were you thinking about earlier?"

And in that one sentence,all seriousness returned.

"I don't know Aid.....with what Serv said yesterday...what if I'm not enough and I fail to save my people? What if...." i started looking down on his light blue sheets. They seemed much more interesting in my moment of insecurity.

"No Ana!" He said firmly, cutting me off.

"You won't fail. I believe in you. If you are what he says you are,then I, without a doubt believe you won't fail. You are a Lioness when you are determined and I don't think you would let those people down. I believe in you, I think Serv does,now you just need to believe in yourself. Whatever it is you want to and can do,you can do it."

I couldn't help it. I hugged him. He actually believed in me. Someone actually believed in me. No matter what, I'll be what my people wanted...no needed me to be and I'll save them.

Pulling back,I smiled at him.

"Thanks bestie..."

He cocked an eyebrow.

"I thought only kids used the word 'bestie' he said while air quoting the 'bestie'.

"Oh shush! We all have our moments" I said while mildly punching his arm.

It was quiet for a moment then he said

"You know,Mayana...if you wanted to touch my muscles,you could have just asked." He smirked.

Of all arrogant jerks....

I punched him harder and it ended up in us fighting on the floor. We were only interrupted by my phone ringing.

Who dared call me now. I was really planning on beating up Aiden. He might be a soccer star but I believed in my skills.

Un-entangling myself from him, I answered the call without even looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"Hi Maya. So nice to talk to you again. Just wanted to let you know we'll be meeting each other very soon. Very very soon." The voice said and finished with a deep chuckle.

"I....how..."but the call had already been disconnected.

I was in a daze.

No this can't be happening, this isn't possible, he left,no....

"... Ana?? Ana? Talk to me Ana...who was on the phone Ana.." was what I heard before I was brought back to reality. Aiden was already going ballistic. I didn't blame him though cause I was sure I looked more or less as pale as a ghost. Or at least I felt as pale as a ghost.

"Ana? Who was it?"

Betrayal

Wickedness

Lies

Nothing but lies.

He's back

He's back

"Ana...tell me,who is it?" Aiden insisted.

"Aid....Josh is back"

Aiden froze.

"Are you sure??" He said after a moment of silence and hesitation.

"Yes Aiden...Joshua Calinsky is back. I don't know if he's here now but the dude himself just told me" I said while flailing my arms about. I could feel my breath picking up.

Oh well,we dealt with him before,we can deal with him again

No biggie...wait..did I just mentally say biggie???

I'm a strong girl...I can do this.

I can handle him.

"Ana...we dealt with him before,we can and we will do it again" Aiden said with a look of determination and confidence.

I really hope so....

Soooo...how was this chapter?? Cliffhanger.....who do you think Joshua is?? Sorry I took so long to update and thank you so much to all those who have given this book a little of their time. I'm very very grateful. Thank you. All comments are appreciated. Comment
Vote
Share with your contacts
Follow me.

P/s: the chapter is kinda short..I know, I'm so sorry😅😅😅😅😅. I'll try to work harder on the next chapter.

Updates weekly