chapter 1 - Harry's p.o.v

no i do not own harry potter or anything so on with the story! Hope you enjoy!

Harry's p.o.v

I nervously sipped my butterbeer. Damn. Nerves were gnawing away at my stomach. An awkward silence in the conversation had stumped my confidence. Why was I finding this so hard. I can usually tell Ginny anything. Especially since Hermione and Ron got together, Ginny had been my best friend. I just had to pull myself together and tell her. Honestly I'm supposed to be a bloody griffindor!

"Harry?"

Ginny's words cut my train of thought short and before I even thought about what I was doing..."I'm gay"

Damn! That was smooth! My face was heating up. I couldn't believe I had just frickin told her. No going back now, just grit your teeth and explain yourself harry.

"I - I" I choked on my words.

"Its OK harry"Ginny whispered smiling at me taking my shaking hands in hers "...so am I..."

I stared at her In disbelief as I allowed a grin to slowly spread across my face.

This was too good to be true. I had been scared that Ginny had been starting to think of me as more than a just a friend. But now...

I couldn't believe it. My heart filled with warmth, I had been scared that Ginny would have rejected me for being gay. How very wrong my fears had been.

I allowed happiness to fill me up as I walked hand in hand with Ginny from Hogsmede back to school.

I had shuddered and cringed when Ginny had held my hand in the past, but it felt different now. It was a symbol of our friendship rather than romance now and it felt so right.

When we reached the common room. I couldn't help it. My emotions were running every where. I felt like a teen girl on her period. I pulled Ginny into a bone crushing hug. We were in this together. She hugged back just as tight. As we released from the embrace she whispered into my ear "If we were normal this is where you'd kiss me" we laughed.

I felt like a weight had been lifted from my shoulders as I flung myself onto my bed that night in the dorm.

"I hope you haven't been making out with my sister" a voice came from Ron's bed.

I bit my lip to suppress a laugh.

"Wouldn't dream if it" I replied sarcastically, which to be fair was completely true.

A pillow suddenly came hurtling towards my stomach. Ron laughed.

"I'm cool with you dating my sister mate don't worry. But if you hurt her it'll be more than just pillows that I'll throw at you."

I laughed "fair enough mate, fair enough."

Everyone seemed to assume that me and Ginny were dating, but to be fair we did act like a couple and we didn't correct the assumptions people made.

Ron's remark told me that Ginny hadn't told Ron she was a lesbian yet, but to be fair I didn't blame her.

A loud chorus of uproarious laughter flooded in from out side.

"Bloody slitherins" Ron muttered.

Slitherins...

I made my way over to the window to see what was going on: A large bunch of slitherins hanging around just below our window past curfew.

Damn. How rebellious, I inwardly smirked.

I could see the top of Malfoy head. I recognized him from his hair ... I'd recognize that boy's hair anywhere...

Ugh get over it harry! You really are acting like a teenage girl today.

Parkinson let out a squeal and clutched onto Malfoy as someone apparently said something funny.

Parkinson was an out right irritating bitch. Malfoy didn't want someone like her clinging to him like a leach.

My blood boiled as she kept mauling him. No! I wasn't jealous! But why hasn't Draco pushed her away. He can't seriously like her. After all what can she possibly give him other than a head ache.

Ok ... maybe I was jealous. Malfoy had an undeniably very fit body. I didn't like him I just respected and admired his appearance...

Magonagle came out and scolded the slitherins. They all got detention.

Just as the slitherins were shooed inside Malfoy looked up... And I felt his silver eyes burn into mine.

My breath hitched and my heart raced as he continued to look at me without even a trace of mockery.

There was something pure in the way he looked at me, like I was a friend.

I could feel my face heat up with a furious blush and my knees began to turn to jelly as he rubbed the back of his neck nervously looking away from me briefly. But he looked back and smirked in almost seductively at me as professor Magonagle screeched something.

But then he leaned into Parkinson to whisper something. And all the butterflies in my stomach died and the magic I felt for Draco a few moments ago vanished as my blood boiled in hatred for the little bitch as he pulled her closer to him.

He glanced back up at me with a smile which vanished as quickly as it came as i scowled back trying to keep my face emotionless.

How dare he play with me like that.

Oh harry I thought ... He probably was looking at you purely in a friendly way. Yes that look he gave looked genuine ... As if he wanted to be genuine friends. He's definitely not gay so don't even work your hopes up.

I sighed deeply.

Malfoy probably isn't even looking at me with affection.

My heart is probably twisting the situation into something it isn't...

He looked away and soon walked back into the castle and disappeared from view.

The bottom dropped out of my world.

Why him! Why did I have to get my self a big gay crush on him,on a slitherin, on someone who probably hates me, on an almost definite death eater, a prejudiced narrow-minded ignorant pureblooded ferret-faced git? why Draco Malfoy?

T.B.C

Please comment xxx