Emergent (Divergent 4)

Tobias

Chapter 25

I wake up, but keep my eyes shut. When I roll over, Tris isn't next to me. Where is she? After thinking for a minute, I remember that she was captured by Erudite.

"I have to save her!" I fight to get up, but doctors push me to the bed. "Tris!" My whole body hurts, but I don't care. All I can think is that I have to save Tris.

"Tobias, calm down!" This voice is familiar, and when I open my eyes, I see Christina. I don't realize I'm crying until she asks,"Tobias, what's wrong?" While crying, I say,"Erudite captured Tris. I-I-I couldn't s-save her." Christina's eyes fill with grief, and she asks,"Is she... um, alive?" I nod, but really, I'm not one hundred percent sure. They wouldn't take her if they didn't need her, right?

"Let me go, I need to save her!" The doctors still hold me down, but this time I punch some of them in the face, and hop out of the hospital bed.

I walk over to the door, and I see Alex and Liv in a crib. I bend down and pick them up, holding them as close as I can to my chest. How will they grow up without a mom?

"I need to find Tris, Christina. Can you, um, watch them for me until I'm back? I have everything you'll need in my room." While saying this, I hold up my room key. "I guess," Christina says with a smile.

I kiss each of them on the forehead, and then whisper,"I love you guys so much. I'm going to save Mommy and bring her back. You too be good for Christina, okay?" Alex grunts, and Liv tries to laugh, so I take that as a yes.

I hand them to Christina, praying that I can hold them in my arms again. "Thank you, Christina. Please keep them safe." She nods, and wraps her arm around me in a reassuring way. "I will."

After that, I kiss their foreheads, and say,"I love you." I walk out of the room, hoping I will see them again.

Sorry for the short chapter. I will try to upload another one by tomorrow :). Hope you enjoyed o.O