Chapter 7

Chapter 7: Stress reliever

Isabella's POV

"Okay would you like anything else with that?" I asked the lady dressed in a black and white suit which was our last customer.

"No. Just the a latte and the chocolate muffin"

"Okay that'll be $45.05" I said as the lady started searching through her hand bag.

Hurry up already

I tapped my finger impatiently on the cash register as the woman search through her hand bag before she pulled out a fifty dollar bill handing it to me as I hurriedly gave her,her correct change.

"Calm down why in such a rush" Iona laughed beside me as my head snapped in her direction.

"Just really want to get home. I'm extremely tired" I sighed"and I still have the place to clean up" I groaned eyeing the dirty cafe with empty cups, spilled drinks and snack bags everywhere.

"Tell you what,why don't you go home and I'll clean up for you" Iona offers kindly

"No its fi-"

"No You need rest you look like a fish that's about to die" she laughed at me

"You sure your okay with cleaning and closing up ?" I question "Its a lot " I add as my eyes took one more glance around the messy place.

"Yes I'm sure now go home" she smiles  ushering me out.

"Thanks again" I call as I exit the door

"No problem" she waved as I walked out and to my car. I got in and drove off.

This past week has been complete hell for me. My body feels likes its being weighed down by fifty pounds of iron while I'm dragging a trailer up a hill. My head is pounding and my eyes are droopy. Why didn't someone tell me working was so hard? All I want to do right now is just get home and lay comfortably in bed inside Carter's arms as I sleep.

After a couple minutes of driving I finally reached home as I parked the car car locked it and got out.

I dragged my body into the house and closed the door behind me before I walked into the living room to see carter sitting on the couch watching the television as I plopped down beside him.

"Goodnight to you to"carter chuckled as I avoided him and enjoyed the amazing warmth of this couch and a small pillow."hey you okay?" He asked looking down at me

"No I caught a deadly disease called stress"I groaned into the soft pillow

"I told you I didn't want you working. This is what you get for not listening "

I ignore his comment with a eye roll and tuck the pillow under my head
"Come here" he said lifting me up and placing me onto his lap so I was straddling him. He soothingly rubbed my back as I laid my head in the crook of his neck

"Tomorrow is your day off,right?"  He asked me as I felt his hands travel down to my waist giving it a light squeeze.

"No" I whispered into his neck."why do you ask?"

"Nothing" he answered before lifting my head off his shoulder to plant a feathery kiss on my lips. He continued before kissing under my chin before slowly moving down to suck and nip at my neck.

"Carter" I whimpered as he continued his actions

"Yeah?"

"Not now I'm tired" I try to move away but his hands held a firm grip on my waist, keeping me in place.