Chapter 42

Chapter 42: Lets get this over with

Carter's POV

As the blinding sunlight beams through the curtains by the window I'm forced to reluctantly peal my eyes open to the sight. My head leans to the side as I quickly take notice of the empty spot beside me in bed and I wipe the sleep from my eyes to take a closer look.

When I realize that she really isn't there I quickly sit up leaning my back against the headboard as I start to wonder if the last parts of last night's events were just a fiction of my imagination, or maybe just a torturous dream.

No. It couldn't be, it can't be. It felt too real to all have been just a dream. The way she ran out the car to me and whispered she was sorry, the way her small hands wrapped tightly around me as she cried, the way she clung to me as we slept. It had to be real. I don't know what I would do to myself if she really didn't come back last night. The thought makes my chest clench as I stand to my feet walking towards the bathroom to freshen up before I kill myself with my own thoughts.

As I splash the cool water over my face I take a glance of myself in the small mirror above the sink. I look like a fucking ghost. My eyes were bloodshot from last night and the deep bags that lined underneath them made it clear as day that I didn't get as much sleep as I was suppose to. The only damn thing keeping me from completely letting go and giving up is the small voice in my head saying she probably woke up early and is downstairs prepaying breakfast like she always does. And I'm dearly clinging onto that small strand of hope as if my life depends on, a matter of fact it actually does.

I wipe my face with a towel and jogged quickly down the stairs, all the while my heart hammered against my chest as the possibilities that she really might not be here begin to eat me alive.

At the thought my mind slowly wonders off to everything that happened  yesterday. The baby shower, fucking jax showing up, the fight with him, the fight between us. And then out of no fucking where my father just happened to decide to show up. Of all other times the bastard could have appeared to make my life hell he chose yesterday. And to top it all of he brought her. He brought her to my fucking home, they are the only reason why Bella even decided to leave last night.

The sight of her teary eyes as she begged me to explain what happened with Rebecca to her appeared before my eyes and I feel the hole in my chest grow deeper. I caused her to cry, I caused her to feel like she couldn't trust me again. After all the hard work I put in to gaining her trust they just came along and fucked it all up and now she's probably still mad at me. Knowing her she's probably crying downstairs right now.

I quickly sweep the thought away before I punch a damn wall in and walk down the last few stairs. The house is dead silent, not a single sound. Not even the sound of her beautiful voice as she sang along to that Korean girl group she has lately been obsessing over.. BlackPink I think it was.

The name makes me cringe as I walk towards the kitchen, peering inside there isn't a single sign of her. My heart felt to have paused a few seconds at the sight. My muscles tighten my breathing quickly becomes frantic.

This is not happening right now.

I force my eyes away from inside the small room and make my way back to the living room trying my best to keep myself under control. There has to be a logical explanation for this.

She probably just went to the store, or to take a walk. Yeah she probably just went for a walk

Or she got tired of your shit and doesn't want to see you. My subconscious adds and I try with everything in me to not bang my own damn head against the concrete wall.