Chapter 39

Chapter 39: He's not mine

Attention: THIS WAS NOT EDITED SO PLEASE DON'T PENALIZE ME FOR ANY ERRORS.

Isabella's POV

Standing awkwardly between the two men glaring daggers at each other the tension in the atmosphere felt to have thickened to the point where breathing felt almost impossible. I begin to shift my weight from one foot to the other trying to keep myself as occupied as I can, as I had no idea of what to say or do at the moment.

"Leave" the coldness laced in Carter's voice causes an involuntary violent shiver to curse down my spine.  The man chuckles in amusement.

"Nice to see you too son" he replied with a evil smile ignoring Carter's harsh words."It's been a while since I've seen you. You've grown a lot" the man continues, still ignoring how Carter's eyes watched him with disdain.

"I said leave" Carter repeats once more as I take a small step back trying not to be in the centre of whatever was about to happen, but my small movement didn't go unnoticed as the man's  eyes swiftly averted to me. My body felt completely immobile as his piercing  gaze felt like it was practically boring right through me. His presence made me feel unbelievably uncomfortable and the distant coldness in his eyes just made it even worse.

"You must be Isabella. I'm Edward "He introduces with a half crooked small before reaching his hand out towards mine. Surprisingly before he could even get a chase to come closer caters pulls me behind him as his jaw clenches in annoyance.

Edward doesn't seem to be phased at all as he just simply pulls his hand back to place it in his pocket and stares back at both of us.

"Since you won't leave then at least tell me why your here "Carter pushes clearly restraining himself from doing something he knows he probably shouldn't.

"So what, can't a father swing around to pay his son a visit. You know or to meet his girlfriend, or soon to be baby mother I should say" he recapitulates eyeing my stomach intently. "Or maybe just rebuild a bond "

"You can't rebuild something that wasn't there in the first place" Carter's words felt to have pierced my heart deeply even though they weren't directed to me. They aren't close, I know that for a fact but he is still his father. The one who contributed to his birth, after all if it wasn't for this strange man he probably wouldn't be here so he should at least try to put whatever hatred he has for him aside and just have a normal descent conversation containing no form of conflict.

My subconscious bluntly curses at me as I actually realize how stupid I sound right now. I mean it's Carter we're  taking about here. The man who just half killed a guy I invited to our baby shower.  I have way too much confidence in his self control, the same mistake happen only a couple hours ago and I here I am making the same damn mistake again feeling like a complete idiot.

I've always thought he was just this calm collective and understanding person when all he does is just hide the bad side of himself from me. I never thought it was really such a big deal but I'm now realizing that he probably has some real serious anger issues.

"Says the boy who wanted absolutely nothing to do with me growing up" Edward fires back.

"You know the exact reason why I never wanted anything to do with your conceited self-centered ass. I never needed you then I sure as hell don't need you now, so don't cone to me about any 'rebuilding a bond' crap and cut to the chase for god so hell me I'm going to seriously hurt you if you don't get out of my sight"

"Still impetuous I see" he responds rather calmly despite the unpleasant words which were just uttered.

Carter's muscles flex under my palm and I have to grip his shirt tightly to ender him from pouncing at his father.