Wattpad Original
There are 9 more free parts

FOREWORD

T I T L E :  The Long Way Back

+   +   +

E P I G R A P H

"Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know."

— Ernest Hemingway, The Garden of Eden

+   +   +

E X T E N D E D   S U M M A R Y

Sophie Ackerman honestly thought that she was free from the tangled web of high school drama after graduating high school two years early because of her intellect and stellar grades. Relaxing for a year before she left for college was her plan to spend the year. Oh boy, how wrong she was to assume that she was finally on her way to freedom. 

As her rebellious and trouble attracting of a sister Vivian was caught having sex with a crown prince from Spain (it was taped, no less), their parents were understandably furious. It was decided that Viv would be sent away to attend a boarding school under another identity crafted to keep her out of the limelight before the press smelled the scandal. Obviously, Vivian who was crafty at evading punishment devised a plan that seemed brilliant to her yet extremely stupid according to Sophie. Viv decided that Sophie would be attending the boarding school in her name while Vivian was away, probably partying in some European country.

At first, Sophie vehemently refused, but ultimately gave in after Vivian played a certain trump card that tugged Sophie's longtime guilt. Everything went well, no one assumed that Johanna Patterson (Vivian's created identity) was actually Sophie. Well, that was until Sophie quite literally crash-landed against the school's ruling King, Alexander Voltaire who also happened to be her estranged former best friend that she had not seen in years. 

+   +   + 

D E D I C A T I O N

For those who have siblings and feel that they drive you crazy. Trust me, they will never let you rest till the day you die. However, in hindsight, the fun and craziness that entails having them will last for lifetime (: 

+    +    + 

A U T HO R ' S   N O T E 

This story is my 2017 nanowrimo project. After participating last year and two camp nano (both April and July), I said to myself: "It would not hurt right to participate in another nanowrimo?" It is universally acknowledged that November is the busiest month of my life, but I hope this story could relate to all my readers.

+    +    + 

D I S C L A I M E R

Every content in this story is purely fictional. This novel features Spain, a real country with monarchy. The royal members and everything related to the kingdom in this book are purely fictional and their feature and portrayal are just my personal take to the story. Any similarity is purely coincidental and unfortunate.