Wattpad Original
There are 2 more free parts

03 | THREE

C H A P T E R T H R E E

C H A P T E R   T H R E E

The three of them were waiting for the train to start boarding before the talk started. Natalya told Sophie that as long as students were milling into the train's corridor, looking for a compartment to sit at for the long train ride, it would not be safe to discuss the delicate subject.

"So, we can finally talk about this without some random people ambushing into our compartment demanding some sort of ransom, can we?" Sophie asked, could not help but to let sarcasm into her voice. "Sorry, I'm just a generally really sarcastic person in general." At least that was the truth she was saying, despite her whole guise as Johanna Patterson, an identity solely created for her sister's punishment to be more effective. Sophie was sure that her father had her in mind to create the identity, Vivian's antithesis so that her twin would have to adjust to the role. Vivian may be an actress, a great one indeed, but fitting into a role that contrasted from her own self must be difficult.

Erika let out an unladylike laughter and Sophie realized how different she was from the usual Yamato Nadeshiko, the expected image of Japanese girls and women to hold up to. The Japanese girl seemed comfortable in her skin, freely laughed whenever she wanted to and she carried the air of enthusiasm around with her. "We need a good dose of the sarcastic friend, don't we Natalya? Eh, no we don't because Natalya is already too savage and sarcastic for her own good. But I digress, so let's go back to the topic at hand. You really need a lot to learn here in Kingston, Johanna. This place may seem like Hogwarts to you like it did to me three years ago, but don't let the train station fool you."

"I'll do the explaining or you?" Natalya asked Erika, to which the Japanese girl replied with a nod. "Okay, so Erika will do the explaining because she has a tendency to over-"

"-don't mind Natalya, Jo," Erika interrupted as she slapped Natalya's thigh, causing the Russian girl to wince. "Let's just say that I have better presentation skills than she could ever have. There is a reason why I am the first in the year and not her or Marina."

Natalya threw a glare at Erika's direction. The Japanese girl was not unperturbed by Natalya's sharp glare, obviously. With Natalya's pale blue eyes, her glare could be menacing. Sophie could deduct that these two had been friends longer than they let on or maybe three years of friendship was enough to strengthen such bond. Admittedly, Sophie did not understand much about girl friendship, shying away from it as much as possible after everything that had happened long ago.

"I have enough dirt on you, Rika, so don't mess with the wrong bitch," Natalya pointed out, before bursting into a series of laughter. "Oh, Johanna, please forgive Erika and I. We could be such childish teenagers sometimes, although not childish enough to conform to the social hierarchy and rules in Kingston Academy. I may not be as smart as Erika here, but I am not that stupid."

"Let's just say that you should beware first and foremost the Elite kids," Erika informed helpfully, still with her bright smile intact. With her astute eye for observation, Sophie could sense that Erika probably hid a lot more darkness and shadow beneath her sunny disposition. The sunny like personality may not be a front, but Sophie was sure Erika wore a lot of masks to get by. "They are the richest kids in the school and a lot of power on the tip of their fingers. Let's just say the combination of being rich and bored and entitled don't have good results."