x. It's not real

Sabine.

I'd never been so warm in my life. I moaned and snuggled closer to the heat, still confused as to what it was but too tired to care. Its arms were around my waist and it tugged me closer... Wait, the heat had arms. And a chest, that I was now firmly tugged into. A chest that belonged to Riley Martin.

Crap.                                                                                        

I shifted my head slowly, making as little movement as I could until Riley's face was in view. He was asleep, breathing softly onto my hair and completely unaware to the fact that he was pulling me tightly to him.

I smiled, never having seen Riley so unguarded and decided to take guilty pleasure in this. I'd had another nightmare last night, never had I slept through or woke unscathed, that's why he was here.

Honestly, I didn't care. I might regret it later. But for now, I nestled closer to his chest and closed my eyes once more.

-

The sun was bright, too bright and my still-closed eyes screamed out in protest. Groaning, I snatched the blanket and pulled it over my face.

A soft chuckle filled the room and I cringed.

"Tired, kiddo?" he asked and I peaked out of the bottom of the throw rug I could've sworn wasn't there yesterday. He sat in a chair that was placed in the corner of the room, wearing a grey shirt and jeans that hung low on his hips.

I hid back into the blankets, shielding my face from his very amused one. Had Riley been watching me sleep?

"What do you want to do today?" he asked, "I could take you to the cinema if you like?"

I scrunched my eyebrows that were still hidden from his sight, in confusion. Riley was being overly nice, and I couldn't figure out the play behind it.

"Sabine?" He pushed, a playful tone lining his speech that made me giggle. I looked up at him, pushing the blanket aside. But the room was empty. He had disappeared.

"Riley? Where did you go?" I called, but it only echoed back to me. The sun dissolved behind clouds and all sound stopped.

I stood, still clothed in my jeans and jumper from yesterday, when suddenly a body settled behind me and I smiled. It was Riley, but just as I went to turn to face him, he spoke.

"What are doing, Sabine?" he asks, but the voice is one that gives me horrid Goosebumps instead of pleasant ones and causes my throat to tighten in fear. I don't move. I can't move.

"What is it, my dear? What's wrong?" He grips my shoulder and spins me to face him and all I can see are the eyes of a murderer. This is impossible. He's in gaol, I helped put him there.

He began taking steps closer, and closer, and closer, until my back hit the wall and his face got right next to mine.

William Chase had me trapped against a wall and there was nothing I could do about it.

He's going to kill me. I was too scared to scream.

"Get the hell away from her." I whimpered in relief at the sound of his voice, Riley was back. Riley was safe. And he was going to save me.

Will let the hope rise, he smirked and stayed quiet for a while. But all my optimism was shattered when I heard the click of a shotgun.

No.

No.

No.

Not again.

"Riley, run!" I screamed out before Chase growled and slammed his hand over my mouth. Riley jumped forward and pulled the large body off me, but the killer didn't want to let go and I was pushed to the floor.