xii. 2:40am

I awoke with a start, but this time, it wasn't because of a nightmare. Someone was doing all they could to make noise downstairs. It was probably Riley... I really hope its Riley.

It had to be at least 2 in the morning, what the hell is he doing?  

I begrudgingly pulled myself out of bed, and turned my light on, swaying from the sudden movement. He had better have a damn good reason to be waking me up.

I inched open the door, the rest of the house was pitch black, no lights on at all. Okay, what is going on?

Carefully, I began making my way to the staircase, tip-toeing along. I almost screamed when someone grabbed me around my waist, pulling me to them. They placed one hand over my mouth, preventing me from calling for help. I began thrashing, trying to get out of my captors grip.

This is it, he found me.

"Shh, Sabine, it's okay. It's me," his voice whispered in my ear. Riley. Oh, thank god. I was relieved and irritated at the same time.

"What the hell, Riley? I thought someone was grabbing me!" I whisper-yelled back to him, no longer struggling.

He chuckled softly in my ear and I shook my head at him, a smile forming on my face too.

Until I heard the noise from downstairs again.

I looked up at Riley in fear and saw it reflected back in his eyes, but he also looked resolved... and ready for a fight.

Slowly, quietly, Riley pushed me behind him, his left arm reaching back to remain around my waist, his right hand resting on his gun.

We began making our way down the stairs, following the crashing sounds to the kitchen. Riley leant back to me, whispering that I was to "stay behind him."

I only nodded. No way was I going anywhere else.

Within a matter of seconds, he flicked the light on and pointed his gun at the intruder. I closed my eyes, flinching at the sudden light and the thought of looking at someone who wanted to kill me.

When nothing happened for a few seconds, I slowly peeled my eyes open. Riley's gun was still pointed straight, but slacker. I looked toward who it was pointed at and saw... Riley.

Wait, what?

I blinked and looked again. No, it was definitely Riley. Older, and more angular, but still Riley. The older version of Riley smirked, and I realised he had our fridge open.

"Hey little brother, you guys really need to get some better food. Is this seriously what you're feeding her?"

-   

"What are you doing here, Nate?" Riley growled, still not completely dropping his gun. This only caused Nate to laugh harder.

"Looking for a meal... Obviously I came to the wrong place," he said, as though it was totally normal to be here, and he had just dropped in for some dinner.

I was still trying to figure out how he could look so much like Riley. The only really noticeable difference between the two boys was that Nate had sparkling blue eyes, while Riley had bright green ones.

Nate was currently using those blue eyes to stare at me, just as I was staring at him. He stepped forward, reaching out a hand I was supposed to shake.

"And you must be Sabine Greyson... Lovely to meet you, gorgeous," he spoke, a seductive tone lining each word. I ignored it, and stepped slowly out from behind Riley, reaching to put my hand in his. Riley growled, though, and pushed me back where I had been standing.