Chapter 1

Alexander's POV

“Are you ready for your first day of school, Alex?” My mom looked me over and smiled. I nod my head eagerly. I've waited so long for school to start. In order to be prepared, I practiced with my numbers, letters, and writing essays. I managed to write 51 of 'em!

“I'm a little nervous and excited, but I won't let that keep me from learning and making friends!” I flashed my most confident smile. Mommy chuckled and ruffled my hair. “That's my little lion!”

I giggled and fixed my hair back. Outside, I heard a vehicle near the house. I peeked out the window and gasped happily. I ran back to my mommy with a wide grin. “It's the school bus this time!” She looked out the window and nodded. Mom wrapped me into a big hug.

“I'm going to miss you, Alex. Have a good day at school, okay? I love you.” I hugged her tightly and kissed her cheek.

“I will, Mommy. I love you too!” I slung my lion book bag onto my shoulders. Mommy walked me out the door and watched me board the bus.

“See you later!” I called to her with a wave. She waved and blew me a kiss. I pretended to catch it and put in my shirt pocket near my heart. A loud horn went off causing me to jump. I glared at the bus driver. She looked annoyed and motioned me to get on the bus. I turned back to my mother and waved one last time making her smile.

Butterflies fluttered in my tummy as I boarded the bus. I took a deep breath and regained my confidence. I walked down the aisle searching and scanning in every row for a place to sit. Good news: I found a seat in the back of the bus! Bad news: People.

One of the humans had short, curly hair and a gray beanie. He was very large for a person my age. Was that mean? I didn't want to be mean, I swear! He was just bigger than me! Actually, almost all of 'em were bigger than me. The second kid had a French accent. Cool! I know French. That human was shouting things in French at the other two. The third one was very pretty. I mean cute! I mean... Sexy? No. Ugh! He had long, brown curly hair in a ponytail like mine. His face had a bazillion jillion million freckles. It was like he had...

“Stars on his face!”

John's POV

Lafayette stopped shouting French things at me and Hercules when a small kid with a ponytail and a lion book bag said something about stars on someone's face. I want to see someone with stars on their face! He kept staring at me. Maybe he needs our help.

“Uh... Hi there! Do you need help?” His face went red when I asked him. Oh, I hope he's not sick. He nodded his head as an answer. Good! He's responsive.

“C-can I sit here?" He pointed to the empty seat next to me. I nodded my head. I saw a smile appear on his face as he sat down. Hercules leaned over and whispered, "Who is this kid? He could be dangerous."

I shrugged. What's he gonna do, anyway? Lafayette nudged my arm with his elbow.

"Talk to him, mon ami! He is new, right?" I try to think of something to say as I tap the new guy's shoulder.

Alex's POV

I stared out the window of the bus, swinging my legs anxiously. I was counting the trees as they passed by when I felt something on my shoulder. I got spooked. "Hello!" It was freckle boy from before!

"Hi!" I tried to speak in my most confident voice. Did I come off too strong? The boy smiled shyly at me. Gosh, he was cute. Darn it, brain! Stop!

"We'd like to introduce ourselves," He pointed at the two other boys with him.

"I'm John Laurens! And this is-" John got cut off by, "Marie-Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert du Motier de La Fayette."

That's a looong name! Is that offensive? Sorry. "That is big so people say Gilbert, Lafayette, or just Laf."

Did he just read my mind?! That's cool! Also, scary. The next boy- "And I'm hERCULES MULLIGAN!"

The whole bus stared at him. He was LOUD! I think my ears are gonna start bleeding. Oh no, I'm gonna die!

“Who are you?” Oh shoot! It's my turn.

“I'm Alexander Hamilton! There's a million things I haven't done, but just you wait! Just you wait!” Did I just say that twice?

Hercules made a face. “You said that two times.” Dang it…

John hit Hercules on the shoulder. “Leave Alex alone! That was cool!” I smiled at the sound of that. John thought I was cool! Or at least thought my introduction was. Still counts! Plus one Cool Swaggerlicious Point for me.

><><><><><

That's the end of the first chapter! kookiekittyluvyou and others I hope you enjoyed it! I accept constructive criticism and feedback! Bye! 💜