Chapter 8: Tax Day

The students groaned as they watched the boy with a plastic crown perched atop his blond locks stroll through the class. His minion, as the Revolutionaries called him, walked at his heels with the little notepad that made him feel important. A grim smile was plastered on King George's face further growing Mr. Washington's new phobia of children. It was lunchtime and everyone's appetite had shrunk as King stalked the classroom with Sammy scribbling on his notepad.

"Tax day... super." Gilbert threw his carrot stick onto the table in frustration. "Who does he think he is?" After two weeks of hearing Gilbert say the same phrase in French the rest of the Sunshine Boy Protection Squad couldn't help but agree. On the other hand, John munched his sandwich happily, unfazed by what was going on around him.

"You have a plan don't you, Jack?" Hercules noticed John's dETERMINATION. "Oh, I have a plan alright. Just let me do the talking..."

King George scanned the lunch area glaring at each of his fellow peers. His eyes reached John's table and were met with the unforgettable eyes of the beholders. One pair almost unnerved him completely. King took a breath, regained his grim smile, and marched over with Sammy hesitantly.

"Well, well, well! If it isn't my new favorite group. Alexander, Hercules, Johnny..."

'That's not my name...' John's face screwed into one of displeasure. 'Some royal.' John's anger began to fester but he wouldn't allow himself to react. Alexander could sense the tension. He nudged his foot on John's in a discreet reassuring manner.

King's eyes trailed over to Lafayette and his smile faded. "...and Gilbert." He sneered. The French boy stuck his tongue out at the rotten king.

"Well!" He sighed and clasped his hands together with a glint of mischief in his eyes. "I'm guessing you know what today is from your... happy expressions. Taxes." He held his hand out impatiently. Sammy was on standby with his fancy mechanical pencil he got from Charlie on his birthday.

"No." His eyes still bore into King's soul. "What was that, Johnny?" He placed his foot in the seat of a chair. King George was unable to shake his glare trying to keep up his dominant stance. John's mouth twitched as King got in his face. "You must be deaf. I said no." John spat. "Do really wanna go at it with me? Pick a time and place, Your Highness."

Sunshine Boy Protection Squad were quaking. Alex and King have only heard of this side of John. Hercules and Gilbert thought they would never see it again. The sweet, innocent boy turned violent from anger continued to stare down the blond. Sam wrote something down in his notepad quickly and showed King. He read it over once, twice, three times and huffed. Returning the note back to Sammy, King turned to the four friends with a smile.

"Right. I never really do this, but since I am so nice you don't have to pay taxes this week." He almost sang and booped John on the nose in a teasing fashion. Hercules held John back from launching himself at King as he walked away.

"What a jerk." John slumped in his seat and folded his arms. Alex nodded. "That royal pain is a jerk."

"Hey! Watch your mouths. Don't use that language in front of your mother." Hercules motioned at Gilbert who was looking on intrigued by the new word. "What is a jerk?"

"A mean word that you, those two, nor anyone should say." Hercules glared at John and Alex. John rolled his eyes and laughed. "Okay, daaad."

Alexander stared at the table for a few seconds. "Wait a minute... If Gil's the mom and Hercules is the dad, does that mean-" His thought was interrupted when three girls of varying ages stormed the classroom.

⭐⭐⭐

"Good afternoon, sir." Washington smiled. "Am I going to have some new students?" Three little girls which he assumed to be Mr. Schuyler's daughters accompanied him. "Just one actually. These are my little girls."

The eldest one stepped forward and grinned at Washington. "Hello, Mr. Washington! I'm Angelica Schuyler and these are my little sisters."

The girl in a blue baseball cap came forth to introduce herself. "I'm your new student, Eliza-."

"And Peggy!" A small girl with yellow jeans and a white sweater popped out from behind her father. "Hi, Mr. Stark," she said with her bubbly voice.

"Mr. Stark?" Washington chuckled. "That's a new one."

Angelica and Eliza giggled. "Sorry about her, Mr. Washington. She loves Iron-Man and calls everyone Mr. Stark."

"It's quite alright. It's nice to meet you three." He nodded. He looked back at Philip as he gave Eliza the okay to go. Eliza hugged Angelica and Peggy. "See you later, guys!"

Peggy's eyes got big as she stared at her dad. "Liza has to go bye-bye, Daddy?"

Mr. Schuyler nodded at his daughter with a smile. "Eliza's going to school so she can learn and get super smart."

"C'mon, Peggy!" Angelica took Peggy's hand and followed her father back to the school entrance. Peggy thought over what her father said before coming to the conclusion she'll never see Eliza again. Tears welled up in her eyes as she pulled and tugged on Angelica's hand. Her sad eyes were turned to Washington. She cried, "Mr. Stark, I don't wanna go! I don't wanna go!" A student(Alyssa) walking by heard this, started sobbing and ran back the other way. "Please, Mr. Stark! I don't wanna go!"

Philip scooped up his daughter to try and calm her down. Meanwhile, Mr. Sta- Washington's heart broke in two. He considered one thing. 'WWMD: What would Martha do?' he thought. An idea flickered into his head. "I could keep Peggy as a visitor to the class, Mr. Schuyler. It would be a good opportunity for her to see what school is like."

Both Philip and Angelica were intrigued. "Could I stay too? School doesn't start until next week for me." Philip laughed to cover his embarrassment remembering the reason they were late to drop off Eliza in the first place. He was in the wrong place at the wrong time. After giving it some thought he finally said, "If it isn't too much trouble, Mr. Washington."

The two girls cheered and chased Eliza into the classroom. Mr. Schuyler mouthed a thank you to Washingdad before taking off. Washington walked in seeing all eyes already on the three girls. "Everyone, I'd like you to meet our new student, Eliza. And these are her sisters, Angelica and Peggy."

After a chorus of hellos and greetings, Aaron started clapping his hands like it were the end of a good movie. One by one everyone joined in applauding the Schuyler sisters.

><><><><

Consistent upload schedule who?