Final excerpts from Rhiley's journal

To Corina:

            I just want to let you know that I wrote this journal for you to explain everything. I just wanted to make sure you knew the depths of my feelings for you. I love you forever and always Corina Leamsey Martin. This journal is for you.

My only goal in life was to get Corina Martin to fall in love with me. I have loved her, I fear, far too much for far too long of a time. I’m definitely not the perfect guy for her I’ve realized. She could do so much better than me. I’m afraid if she knew of the mistakes I have made, she would never be able to look at me the same again. I’ve been by her side through everything hoping that maybe one day it will make up for all the wrongs. . .

            . . . I know that you have been through so much in your life and I just want to let you know that I am so proud of you. You are so strong. I want you to never let go of your dreams. Do what YOU want with your life and don’t care about the money or what people will think because it will all work out in the end. If anything happens to me, my savings goes to you. I can only hope that it won’t have to come to that though. . .

            . . . I’m going to a party tonight with Corina. I think that I might pop the big question afterwards tonight. It depends on how it all goes. I’ll report back in afterwards. I’m so excited. I have known that I wanted to marry her since I met her. I can’t wait any longer. I wanted to wait at least until graduation but I can’t do it. I have to do it tonight. . .