CHAPTER | TWO

I took my time in scrubbing myself free from all the eggs and flour that they dumped on me earlier. I don't care if I miss first period or even second period. I don't even think I want to return to that classroom today. Every now and then fragments of what happened would flash in my mind and the same feeling of humiliation would once again torture me. I shut my eyes tight and focus on the water that's drizzling down on my face and I am instantly calmed. But almost immediately I lose that sense of tranquility and break down into uncontrollable sobs as I sink to the tiles floors of the shower room. This has got to be the worst birthday I have ever had in my whole life.

I let the water wash off my tears and try my best to get the gunk off my hair. When I'm satisfied, I turn off the tap and step out of the shower only to find my clothes gone. 

But where? I'm sure I brought them here with me along with my towel. I look around as my heart started pounding with dread. What if Rhea took it? What do I do? I can't walk around naked, should I wait until someone comes and ask for help? But gym period is still in the afternoon and no one really comes to the showers this early. Am I stuck here all day?

Then I noticed something written on the mirror with lipstick.

IT ISN'T OVER YET, BITCH.

Rhea. Who else would do this but her? Tears start to well up in my eyes and I scream in frustration at at my reflection.

Why? WHY? Why does this keep happening to me. Don't they ever get tired with their pranks because I am sure as heck that I am. I HAVE HAD ENOUGH! But as I sink down to the floor hugging myself I realize that I can't do anything about it even if I had enough. The best option here is to switch schools.

While I was crying on the floor like a drenched kitten I was surprised when I heard the door creak open. 

"Stop!" I say, "don't open it any further. Please. I-I'm naked and someone took my towel and clothes." I explained.

Then just as I expected the door closes and whoever that was started walking away. I was right, no one would dare to help me, I knew that from the start so why did I even bother hoping?

I sniffle as a fresh wave of tears come.

But again to my surprise the door creaks open and my tears stop abruptly. I watch as a hand come into view, it looked like a males hand and he had a black wrist watch. I watch as my savior drops a towel and some clothes on the floor before closing the door again.

I blinked in surprise at what just happened. I didn't even have time to thank him, whoever he was. I crawl to the small heap of clothes and examine what he brought me. They were probably his clothes. He gave me a hoodie and some sweatpants that were obviously too big for me but they smelled nice. I towel dried my hair and inhaled the fresh scent of mint that clung to the clothes.

I wondered who he was and why was he helping me. As I said nobody dared to lend me a hand except Miss Kath before.

I opened the door expecting to see no one, but for the third time today I am surprised as I see a boy leaning against the wall in front of me. I audibly gasp as I recognize him as the exchange student and he looks at me with the same unreadable expression.

"I, uhm," I tuck a strand of my wet messy hair and look down, not willing to make any eye contact. "Did you give me these clothes?" I ask in a voice that's almost a whisper. I must've lost my voice from all that crying.

"Yeah. Are you all right?" he asked. His voice sounds deep and melodious but cool. The feeling it creates is something like listening to a cello being plucked. I involuntarily blush.

"I'm fine. You didn't have to help me but I appreciate it so much."

"Shouldn't you be looking someone in the eye when you thank them?" he asks all of a sudden.