CHAPTER | THREE

"Luke,"

"What?"

"My name's Luke,"

"I wasn't asking." I replied and walked away.

Ever since that day, this guy had begun following me everywhere.

"Don't you normally introduce yourself too after someone gives you their name?" 

"Don't you have anything better to do?"

Mason's threat weren't just words because that afternoon, Mason waited for us by the parking lot and challenged Luke into a fist fight. After the match Mason and his cronies ran away like babies. I found out that day that Luke had some serious fighting skills since he didn't just rely on his strength but also used his brain unlike Mason. Fighter or not, I don't want to push our luck because those guys can get sly if they want to. It has actually been a full week since Mason got his butt kicked but there's still no sign of him retaliating. Not that I am hoping for it. I am more careful around doors now. You never know. Maybe he's plotting he's still plotting his revenge. I have been also trying hard to shake him off ever since Mason threatened us. I didn't want him to get involved with my problems but he was too nosy for his own good. But no matter what  do, he wouldn't just give up on me.

"What? Besides making sure you're safe, and that no one bullies you? Uhh..none so far" he grinned.

I have also discovered within the span of one week that this guy actually smiled a lot and it actually makes me happy that someone is smiling at me. And a handsome someone on top of that.

"You're really pushing your luck you know. What if he hits you behind your back? Mason is the type of guy who would do anything to win you know"

"I don't care just as long as I make sure you're safe."

He had both hands behind his head, like a person who had no worries in the world. And here I am worrying about his existence.

I stopped walking and faced him. "Why are you helping me in the first place anyway?"

He shrugged, "Cause you need my help?"

"But I'm not asking for your help."

"This isn't about you asking for help, but me wanting to help."

I just stared at him.

Finally after a minute he sighed, then stepped closer to me.

"What they're doing to you isn't right," he picked a strand of my hair and tucked it behind my ear,"and why are you wearing a hood inside the building. You're hiding that pretty face of yours" he tried to take off my hood but I held it down.

"Don't! Leave it alone!"

"Why should I?" he asked as he continued to struggle with me.

We were starting to make quite a commotion in the middle of the hallway.

"Cause I'm ugly, duh."

"What's ugly?" he stopped tugging my hood.

"My face, what else?" I answer, my face downcast.

"Don't you ever look in the mirror?" he asked, his voice adapting a softer tone.

"Actually I do, and all I see is an ugly face."

"Well mirrors can lie but I don't and all I see is a pretty face."

My face suddenly felt hot. Holy---Aphrodite's hair brush! Cue the butterflies would you.

No one has ever complimented me that way before. Come to think of it, no one has ever complimented me ever. Aside from my mom of course. It was a good thing that I had my head hung low, so Luke wouldn't be able to see how red my face has gotten.