CHAPTER | FOUR

We're sitting down under the shade of a tree one fine afternoon. Just relaxing, feeling the cool breeze.

I have noticed a lot of changes in myself ever since Luke walked into my life. He gave me the push to find my strength and courage. He helped me grow a backbone and stand for myself. I've learned to value myself because of him. 

Luke made me realize a lot stuff. Through him I learned to stop hiding and come out of my shell. I'm still adjusting to be honest but Luke was always ready to give me some pep talk whenever I needed one.

He was right though. One day Rhea and Mason completely stopped bullying me which gave me the chance to widen my circle of friends, and I found out later on that the reason Mason never attempted to seek out revenge after his humiliating fight with Luke was because it was all recorded on a video that Luke used as leverage.

"Luke?"

"Hmm?"

"Thanks for everything."

"Anything for you," he said with a smile. "Oh, almost forgot..." he fished something from his pocket

"What's that?"

He didn't answer. Instead he leaned in closer to me and fixed the hair out of my face.

Uh-oh, cue the butterflies.

"W-What?"

He just smiled then handed me something.

"Try it on. Let's see if I made the right choice."

I looked at the thing he was holding out in his palm. It was a cute little hair clip.

"Wow. For me?"

"Yeah. I figured it would come in handy since your bangs is always covering your beautiful face."

My cheeks flushed and they suddenly felt warm. This is the first time I am going to accept something from a boy.

Before I could think of what I was doing, I gave him a kiss on the cheek, which made him blush. It was so cute to look at.

"Thanks a bunch Luke"

"Hehe...unh..s-sure"

I clipped his gift onto my hair and faced him.

"Er, so..." I laughed nervously, "whadya think?"

All of a sudden I felt self-conscious about how I looked, something that I never really cared about before.

"Ahaha,"

His laugh was rather forced, and he was also having a hard time meeting my eyes..

Luke swallowed hard, "Of..." he cleared his throat." Of course! It totally suits you. I'm glad I made a right choice" he beams at me and all of a sudden I feel all warm and fuzzy inside I almost knocked him over with a hug.

The next day I came in late for school.

When I arrived at the classroom, it wasn't like before that danger awaited me when I opened the door, instead I get inside the classroom and find that my friend reserved me my favorite seat.

"Thanks Sheena,"

"Anytime" she winked.

By the way, this is my favorite spot because I get to sit beside Luke. Speaking of him, where is he? His seat is vacant. I look around and see him nowhere. That's strange, normally Luke would be here early. And if he had plans to absent he'd most definitely would have told me.

I turned to Sheena and decided to ask her in case he just went to the bathroom before I arrived.

"Uhm, Sheena?"