Cuddling.

Dean p.o.v

I watch the angel out of the corner of my eye. For several minutes now, Castiel has been pacing unsurely behind the couch, occasionally glancing down at Kayla. The girl fell asleep a little over an hour ago and has yet to wake up. I've been letting her sleep, but I'm starting to think that my friend’s hovering presence will be what disrupts her slumber. Soon enough, Cas voices his reasons.

“Is she comfortable?”Cass asks with a worried voice. “Who? Kayla? She seems to be fine.” I say nonchalantly “Wouldn’t she be more comfortable on the bed?” Cass say bitting his nails.

“Maybe. She’s used to sleeping on couches though.”Still not convinced, the angel looks down at Kayla. Gently, he brushes a strand of hair from her face. Then he walks around to the other side of the couch. Bending over, he slides his arms under her body, freezing when she stirs and makes a noise in the back of her throat, and lifts her up.

Slowly and carefully, Cass makes his way over to Kayla's room. He lowers Kayla onto the mattress and reaches to pull the blankets over her. As he brings his hand up to her shoulders, she stirs again and grabs the edge of his trench coat, still fast asleep. Cass doesn’t try to pull away, scared that he’ll wake her if he moves.

“Looks like you’re stuck.” I say, who’s been watching, grins at my friend’s predicament.

“Could you, uh, help me?” Cass says nervously “I could, or I could tell you to lie down with her.”  "Why would I do that? “Because it doesn’t look like she’s about to let go. It’d be easier to just get in bed and plus she's your mate there is nothing wrong with it."  Cass just looks confused. “I don’t-”

“It’s called cuddling, Cass.” I explain. “Humans do it all the time. You lie down next to the person, and you put your arms around them.”

Unsurely, Cass attempts to follow my instructions. First, he carefully lowers himself onto the mattress beside Kayla. When he’s accomplished that much, the angel ever so lightly rests a hand on her side. Rolling my eyes,I get up from my chair and head over to help. I position Cass’ arm so that it wraps around Kayla’s torso, and then he takes advantage of when she turns to pull Cass’ other arm under her. Moments later the angel has the girl wrapped in an embrace. It’s a stiff embrace, but an embrace nonetheless.

“Now what do I do?” The angel asks softly.“You just lie there and enjoy it. Think you can do that?”Before Cass can answer, Kayla turns so that her head rests against his chest, murmuring contentedly. "So warm."