Chapter 1

"Ding!"
It was 8:45 PM in a small town called Morioh. You were working at the local convenience store hoping to finish your shift on time, but fate decided to annoy you. The door opened with a chime, to reveal a tall man with blonde hair. Assuming he didn't need assistance, you continued scrubbing down the payment counter.

You knew this man. It was Yoshikage Kira, and you had been plotting to kill him for some time. He was a scumbag who killed innocent women and kept their hands for his own fantasies. You watched his every move in the store without making it obvious.

"I'd like to pay now, (L/N)-San," Kira suddenly spoke.
You were a bit startled to say the least, you could actually see the menacing aura this guy had.

"A-ah, okay...Yoshikage," you spoke his last name under your breath out of slight annoyance that he called you by your last name. You knew he was looking at your name tag.

He bought a sandwich. It wasn't as odd as you were expecting. You knew the true side of Yoshikage Kira.

You handed the bag to him and he made his way out of the store. "Have a nice night!" You said borderline sarcastically, as you were required to as an employee.
He suddenly stopped and half turned to look at you, then continued to walk out. Your thoughts soon took over.
"The fuck?"
You quietly changed into your casual clothes and followed him. Kira didn't notice you, he sat at the base of a tree and began to eat a sandwich.
"What a beautiful duw-"
He thought he saw a person out of the corner of his eye and quickly whipped his head around.
No one.
Sighing, he continued.
"What a beautiful day. There must be no place as pretty as this town."

"Monologue? What a loser!" This was too weird. You knew he was a cold blooded hand fetishist and killer, but you've never seen him like this; relaxed, and in a way, actually himself. Something about his presence was comforting until you snapped out of it and realized that son of a bitch was staring daggers in your soul.

"Hello, (L/N)-San, might I ask what you're doing here?" His sarcastically kind voice chirped.

"Shit!" Your mind screamed.
"E-eh, I h-happen to walk this route on my way home f-from work, Yoshikage."
The last part slipped out unintentionally, his aura becoming more and more terrifying.
"_____. What a nice name. How do you know my name, ____-chan?"
'WHYYYY???"
"Well, this one time you were in the store, I overheard another customer greet you. I thought it would be polite to memorize a name of a frequent customer."

"Ah. Or maybe you stole my ID."
You were so fucked.

You did steal Kira's ID when you started to take an interest to him. You were both single and in your early thirties.

He then reached into his bag, pulling out...
Your ID???

"It's fine. I know you've been watching me, and I know you're aware of the real side of Kira Yoshikage,"
You gulped.
"But what you don't know is that I've occasionally been watching you. You're interesting, certainly not like other women."

"O-okay, what's your point?" You asked, voice shaking.
"I'm saying that I won't kill you...on one condition. You must not tell anyone of my actions."
And with that, Kira stood up and walked past you, glancing in your direction smugly and continuing on his way.

"Maybe I'm on his good side now, or something," you thought.

Next Day

Again, sometime around 8:00, Kira walked into the store. He watched your hands type on the cash machine as you were making the transaction.
"Let's have a look..."
Your hands were calloused, scarred and bruised. Feminine but worn from anxiety and work.
Kira felt intimidated for once, but he wasn't sure why. Your hands weren't pretty, but your complexion was flawless. Your tone of voice made him melt, but he'd never admit it. And your personality; you didn't speak as much as most of the women Kira was around on a daily basis.
You were quieter and didn't have vivid reactions. He loved it.

"____, when will your shift end?"
"I could leave right now. Why?"
"Do you want to sit together by the tree? I enjoy your company."
"T-thanks, Yoshikage-San. I'll be right there," you responded hastily.

Maybe, just maybe you wouldn't kill him. He seemed too smart, and maybe even a bit too hands-
"Oh, ___. Over here."
You snapped the fuck out of it and sat down next to Kira.
"You can call me Kira, you know. No need for such formality. I want to be friends."

"Ah, okay...Kira," you spoke softly.
You were freaking out in your head, though.
The way his name rolled of your tongue made him blush, but it was hidden.

"What is this feeling? Why do I feel the need to be vulnerable around her? She's only a future victim. I couldn't be falling for her."