WOAH!! A NEW CHAPTER!

"I forgot to eat. That must be why I've been feeling so dizzy for these past days. I need a break," you thought.
Work and holding up social relationships have been hard since you started living on your own.
(Single ladies lmao)
But then there was Kira, pretty much the only person you talked to regularly. The both of you were quiet people, so rarely did one of you have to rant to each other. Usually it was Kira who did the ranting, talking about his obsessions.

He showed you one of the hands he had in his blazer pocket. As he was talking, you picked it up and made it flip him off. He laughed pretty hard at that.
"Neeeh fuck you, Kiraaa!" You spoke in a weird voice pretending to be the hand's owner.
"My family and friends! Think of theeeem,"
Kira chuckled and took away the hand.
"Ugh. She's getting old,"
Kira cracked the bones in the hand.
"But I don't think....I need a new one,"
He said in that shaky, low voice you liked.

"That's new, Kira," you spoke while chewing your sandwich.
"Who's gonna be your next girlfriend? Maybe some chick's arm instead of just the hand this time?" You said. You were a bit annoyed because you developed feelings for Kira and felt a bit jealous whenever he had the hands in front of you.

Kira liked you too, but he wasn't aware that the feeling when his heart rate sped up when he was around you was due to love. So, your terribly socially awkward attempts at flirting were mostly always met with a cold response from Kira, even though he thought you were cute.
He felt kinda bad about all of it now.
"U-uh...I don't know. I have to go."
He got up and walked away quickly.
"Oh god, what if I hurt his feelings..."

Kira wanted to confess to you. He really wanted to, but he was too nervous. When he walked far enough out of your range of sight, he began biting his nails vigorously as they grew. This time, his impulse wasn't to kill...

"What do girls find attractive?"
Kira thought as he walked back to his house. He thought that watching cheesy romance movies would give him an idea on how to win you over.
He watched a vampire movie.
"Ah. I should show up late..." Kira mumbled as he wrote in his notebook.
"With a rose, and prepare a-"
He looked back at the screen for a moment.
"A-...a cheesy one-liner."

Meanwhile, you were at home flipping your shit because you thought Kira was angry. Literally the only romantic interest you've had in your life.
To take the stress away, you decided to watch late night Japanese TV.

"Ding-DEERG"
Your doorbell screeched.
"I really need to get that thing fixed!"
"Coming!" You shouted.

You were kind of nervous considering the fact it was pitch black and storming outside, you really wondered who it was.
You opened the door to reveal what looked to you to be a tall man holding a sharp object staring down at you.
"JESUS CHRIST!"
You half-yelled and fell backwards out of fear. Lightning struck, illuminating the figure's face.

It was

"Kira??!"
"Hey, baby!"
He said in English with a shaky Japanese accent.
"Did ito hurtu when you ferru fromu heavenu???!!"

"English? Pick up line? NANII???!"
You crawled back on the floor and feared the worst.
He stepped in, puzzled as to why you were so frightened.
"I know why he's here! He's here to kill me after what I said at the park!!"
Kira, who was utterly confused at this point watched you get on a bowing position on the floor and beg for your life.

"I know what I said at the park was rude! Please don't kill me, you're my only friend, Kira!"

"Ano..."
"I didn't come here to do that at all. I think you have it all wrong."
"She must have though I came here to murder her. Ouch."

You stood up, relieved. "Ah, okay. Excuse me. Come into the living room."

If you weren't so close, the whole situation would have felt more awkward, but it didn't.

The both of you kneeled down at the table. (Japan thing yknow) You poured tea for the both of you.
"So what are you here for, and why so late?"

"Well..."
"Remember when we were by the tree, and you asked who my next 'girlfriend' would be?"
You nodded.
"I could hear the discouragement in your voice. And as we've been getting together by the tree everyday, I stopped killing women for their hands. I didn't need them, I had you. But I just wanted to let you know, I think I've developed feelings for you, and it's really hard for me to explain b-"

"Thank you."
You smiled and looked down.
"I mean it, thank you. It's so nice to be assured that I'm worth something to someone. I love you too, Yoshikage Kira. Ever since we met, I thought you were so mysterious, and I used to associate that with being a bad thing, but I learned more about you and you became extremely likable. You're smart and handsome, and never talk too much. I'm so happy you could find good qualities in me."

He felt his face heat, as did you.

He smiled softly making you fuckin die inside.
But in a good way.
"Well, now I can consider you my new girlfriend."
Suddenly, Kira's aura got menacing and his face grew dark.
"But you can't leave me."
"R-right!"
You said, a bit shaken.
His aura went away.
"Just kidding. If anything, you deserve way better than a serial killer."
"I wouldn't leave you, Kira. I love you too much to even perceive myself doing it."
Kira leaned into you and kissed your lips intensely. You kissed back and he snaked his arms around your waist. You stayed like this for a while, before you had to pull away for air.
"Wow. That was my first kiss. I'm 33..."
He said, slightly embarrassed. You chucked.
"It's okay, me too."
-After some good conversations n stuff-
Kira didn't realize it, but his nails had grown an inch.
"____, could you please maybe...clip my nails with these geeky nail clippers? I'm bad at doing it myself..."
"Of course!"
You clipped his nails over a trash can.
"Why do they grow so fast anyway?"
"I don't know. They grow according to my own impulses, I guess you already know what they were."

"You did a really nice job, ____. Thanks."
"Uh huh!"
"It's 1:46, I should get going..."
"Kira, you can stay the night if you'd like."

And he did.

(SHIT GOES DOWN IN THE NEXT CHAPTER BABYYYYYY!!)
(Why did I write this trash it's terrible)