twelve

[october twenty fourth]

sherlock sat in his normal custodians closet, burring his face in his books. the door knob rattled and sherlock stood up quickly, grabbing a mop. the rattling stopped and a key was inserted into the knob, unlocking the door. hopefully it was just mr peterson and not anderson and seb. he was so terrified that the moment the door opened he dropped the mop and froze in fear. he squeezed his eyes shut as tight as he could and took a deep breath, getting ready for the beating that was about to happen. but noting happened. instead and soft, gentle hand reached out for him and he opened his eyes; it was john. he pulled his hand away from john.

"w-what are you doing here?" sherlock asked in a panicky tone.

john closed the door and locked it again, taking a step closer to sherlock, making sherlock try to get closer to the wall. his big, blue eyes looked at him with a hopeful look in them. "i didn't mean what i said."

"that was a month ago, i'm over it." sherlock said, looking down at his feet, pulling on his shirt sleeve slightly.

"no you're not, i can tell."

"i don't want to hear it," sherlock snapped his head up. "you've clearly showed that you don't want anything to do with me, and that's the way i want it." sherlock pushed past john and put his books back in his bag. "normally the rolls would be reversed," sherlock turned to john, "but, don't ever talk to me again." sherlock tossed his bag over his shoulder and walked out of the closet, leaving john.

john scream quietly in anger, kicking the bin next to him. he left the closet, closing the door after him and going out to the rugby field.

justafreak: my dad is getting moved at work, so we have to move with him.

[johnnyboy has unblocked justafreak]

johnnyboy: you're not going to talk about today?

justafreak: we're moving to london.

johnnyboy: so what does that mean?

justafreak: i'm starting a new school tomorrow.

johnnyboy: so today was the last time i was able to see you?

justafreak: yep.

johnnyboy: oh.

johnnyboy: we're still friends right?

justafreak: i don't know what we are john.

johnnyboy: friends then?

justafreak: friends.