fourty four

john sat on one of the benches at the train station with mocha laying next to him. she had gotten big, so half of her was on john and the other half was on the bench. he started to doze off a bit but jerked himself awake when he heard the train. he stood up and walked a around a bit with mocha, waking himself up. he stood in one spot and watched the train come to a spot, spotting the brunett with his hoddie on. he called his name and saw the head snap to them, then a smile appeared. sherlock ran over to them and dropped his bag by john's feet, getting down to pet mocha. john stood and watched his boyfriend give the dog more attention than him for a good five minutes. sherlock rose to his feet and looked at john, john getting a good look at the cut on his lip and the bruise on his cheek.

"they still getting you?" he asked softly as he rubbed sherlock's cheek gently.

sherlock nodded and hugged john tightly. "you're a lot warmer than i remember." he said.

john chuckled and hugged back with one arm, the other arm keeping mocha restrained from jumping on people. when they pulled apart, sherlock took mocha and told john to get his bag. john obeyed and picked sherlock's duffle up, watching him walk off with mocha. john caught up with them and walked alongside of sherlock, grabbing his hand and intertwining their fingers together. they walked to the white mercedis that had sean sitting at the wheel. mocha got the front seat while sherlock and john got in the back, john holding sherlock close the whole ride.

when they got to the house, sean took mocha and put her in the back for a bit so she could get all her energy out then went upstairs and opened john's bedroom door. "remember sherlock has to sleep in the guest room." he said. "and this stays open."

"we're not going to do anything, sean." john said and turned in his chair, looking at the man. "we're just talking."

"okay, well, don't forget to let mocha back in before you go to bed. good night." he said the left.

john sighed and turned back to sherlock who was sitting on his bed. "should we continue this in the morning? you look tired."

john shook his head and stood up. "let's go downstairs." he said and held his hand out for sherlock.

sherlock smiled softly up at him and took it, standing up. they went down to the kitchen and rumaged for something that was good and not extremely healthy. they found some icecream and sat at the island in the kitchen, eating it out of the tub.

"how's training?" sherlock asked, spooning a mouthful of icecream in his mouth.

"good," john nodded. "i told them i wasn't going to make it this weekend, so hopefully they don't come after me." he chuckled softly.

"you excited about this summer?" sherlock asked and set his spoon down.

john nodded as he ate another spoonful of ice cream. "i'm excited about the program, but sad that i won't be able to see you. i will miss you, ya know?"

"i know. at least you're still able to call and text." sherlock said. "we will still have that."

"that's true." john said and got up. mocha started whining, so he went over to the sliding glass door and let her in, locking it once it was shut and turning the outside light off. he went back over to the island and sat down on the bar stool. "you excited about prom?" he asked with a smile.

"i'm excited about seeing molly, but not everybody else." sherlock said and smiled a bit as he watched john put ice cream on mocha's nose. "don't do that to her." sherlock said and watched her try to lick it off.

john smiled and looked back at sherlock. "i already talked with most everybody and made it clear that if they attacked you in any way that i wouldn't mind losing my spot in the program." he said and ate the last of the ice cream.