ninety five

sherlock sat in the stands, watching john run around the field with the ball, then getting winks from him when he was on the side for a bit before going back in. at the start of one of the intervals, their team manager brought him down to the sideline and sherlock stood there as everyone stared at him with smiles.

"ladies and gentlemen, if you could turn your to the field. john watson has a very important question to ask his boyfriend." the announcer said.

sherlock covered his mouth and turned around, seeing the team standing in two lines, each holding out a pink peony. sherlock's favorite flower. john appeared at the end with that grin on his face. the one that sherlock knew it was because of him. he sniffled and started walking down the lines, taking the flowers from each person until he reached john.

john lowered himself onto one knee, taking a small box from jason then opening it. "sherlock holmes, you have been one of the most important parts of my life. i have never loved someone as much as i love you and i want to make you my husband. if that's alright with you."

sherlock sniffled, nodding. "of course it's alright." he chuckled.

john's grin stayed plastered on his face as he stood up, taking the ring out of the box and slipping it onto sherlock's finger before being pulled into a kiss.

the stadium erupted in cheers as the couple smiled at each other through their tears. they shared one last kiss before walking off the field.

sherlock kissed john again once they were out of everyone's views. "i love you," he whispered with a smile.

john smiled back. "i love you, too." he gave sherlock another kiss. "and happy anniversary, love."

"happy anniversary." sherlock muttered before kissing john again, not wanting to be apart from him and skip to the engagement sex.

john pushed sherlock up against the cement wall, rubbing his hip as he kissed the boy deeply, getting soft noises from sherlock.

"sorry to ruin the fun, but coach needs ya back johnny." collin said to the couple, making them pull apart.

"be there in a sec." john responded, still staring at sherlock. "when we get home i'm going to eat you alive."

sherlock smirked and leaned over to john's ear. "don't mind washing up after this, you'll just get even more filthy." he nipped the lobe of john's ear, feeling him shiver before walking away.

john smirked to himself before going the opposite direction, back onto the field.