Time

"What's the whole point of this?" my eyebrow twitched.

Karma looked at the sundae in front of him, four scoops, all different.

"I dunno, just felt like getting some ice cream." he ate the mint first.

I sighed, deciding that it would be best to play along.

"Alright." I said as I looked at the waffle cone filled with vanilla.

We sat in silence, enjoying our treats when Karma's phone went off with his ring tone.

"Hm?" he answered.

A few minutes of talking between the caller and him.

What are they talking about?

"Nagisa?" Karma said. "Mm, I'm with him right now."

I looked at him in surprise.

"Want me to give him the phone?"

He didn't wait for the caller to answer, but handed it to me.

"She wants to tell you something."

I gave him a look before grabbing it and placing it by my ear.

"Hello." She said. "It's me, Kaede."
I stiffened up. "... I know." I lied as Karma snickered at me.

"Eh, Nagisa... I gotta go, I'll see you at home, bye." She hung up, almost as in a panic.

I handed it back.

"Hey, Karma, I think I'm gonna go home now."

---

Think... how can I properly respond to this situation.

"I mean, she's cute, very. But, she's annoying." I sat back. "If only I could put my idea of her into words."

It was around 7 and she wasn't home yet. I had spent most my day thinking about all of my possible answers.

"What attracts me to her?" I asked myself. "Her magnetic personality is a big part I guess. She's so energetic. And she knows how to hype me, I mean, she got me to leave the house."

I laughed.

"Do I really like her though?"

My feeling for her. They aren't friendship, but they aren't like liking her.

"Blah blah blah, this is too hard of a thinking scene." I said. "I think I'll just think of something as I go."

Then the door clicked.

Fudge!

I sat up and looked at the door. And there she was.

"Hey, sorry I'm late. I lost track of time." She smiled and came to the couch. "Did you eat? Or were you too lazy and lost track of time too?"

I laughed. "I guess so."

"Well then I guess you're going to starve cause I don't feel like doing anything."

"Don't worry I can take care of myself." I said, completely trying to ignore the morning as much as possible.

---

"Miso soup, yay!" Kaede sat at the table.

I sat across from her. Trying to figure out how to bring up her confession.

We sat eating in silence. It was tense for me but I don't know about her.

"Kaede, about this morning-"

"I want you to forget this morning." She interuppted me. "That was a mistake. I'm suppose to supervise you. Not like you."

I felt myself get hit with guilt. She was being so shut off.

"But you're allowed to like people. No one's able to stop feelings. It's impossible." I laughed.

"Yeah but not you. You're a snake that I'm supposed to watch over, and make sure doesn't get in trouble. I'm stupid for liking you when it was obvious that you didn't like me." She crossed her arms and bit her lip.

I shifted uncomfortably in my chair. "You're not stupid for liking me. Because I also-" I was interrupted.

"I'm stupid for falling for a snake! A snake because they trap you in their grasp and don't let go. And how sad that the snakes prey was a tough bunny."

She got up and stomped off. Leaving me at the table, shaken and guilty. I didn't expect her to react like that.

She called me a snake. A pure snake. But I'm not, I'm a beast just like everyone else.

I felt... heartbroken I guess would be the word.