Listen

A/N-I don't like eggs

---

"Kaede," I said, walking to the living room, were she was checking her social media's. "I need to tell you somethi-"

"Hey, Nagisa, how about we go out for the day. Like go out for a brunch. I mean it 9 we could make it in time for brunch at a place."

I paused. Maybe I could tell her there. "Sure, but we should get ready first."

Kaede nodded and got up from her seat.

I felt a pit in my stomach. I had a feeling I wouldn't have the chance to tell her today.

Let's try to make sure I do this today.

I nodded and went to my room.

---

"I love the french toast from here. Strawberry and whip cream are the key items though." She giggled and began to eat.

"Yeah." I poked at my food.

It was an omelette, sausages, some potatoes and bacon on the side. I mean, I'm hungry, but I don't usually eat this much.

"Nagisa, food is for eating, not staring. You're not an Instagramer." Kaede poked my forehead.

"Yeah, um, Kaede I need to tell y-"

"Nagisa, can I try that omelette. It looks really good." She hovered over it.

I pushed her head away from my head. "You can if you sit down properly."

Quickly, she complied and with her fork and she ate a piece of my Omelette.

I stared at her as she ate it another piece. Before she could cut a third piece I grabbed her hand gently.

"This is my food, remember?"

She looked away, embarrassed. "Ah, sorry, it's pretty good though. But as an apology for eating more then I intended, you can have two bites of my French toast."

I nodded and grabbed my fork.

Out was hard to take a little bit of everything, since the whip cream could easily slid off. I ended up stabbing it and ripping it off. I then begun to chew of the food.

It was... sweet, and everything nice.

"It's good but I don't want to be like you and take more then I should be offered. One piece is good enough for me."

Kaede smiled. "Yeah, you have a small stomach anyway."

I smiled back.

We sat there, just dazing off and smiling unconsiously at each other. Took us a minute to realize what we were doing.

"Sorry, that's must've been weird." She said awkwardly.

I shook my head 'no'. "It's okay I was doing it too."

We looked away and at our food, well at least I did, she wasn't in my peripheral vision so I didn't know I was just guessing.

I ate a some of my food. A little bit of everything.

She can't interrupt me right now, she's still awkward about the saying off thing. I could tell her.

"Kaede, I-"

"Nagisa, I need to say something." Kaede said. "One of your pigtails is lower then the other."

I lifted my hands and felt my pigtails. Checking is it really was, I found one at a noticeable different angle from the other. More specifically the right one.

"Here, lemme fix it." Kaede got up.

Undoing the pigtail, Kaede ran her fingers through the hair on my right. It was surprisingly nice.

I didn't really have people touch my hair bug now I get why girls say they like people playing with there hair.

"There, all better now." Kaede said and sat in her seat again. "By the way, you have really nice hair."

"Thanks..." I said, pausing for a minute. "It feels nice when someone does your hair."

"Right? I love it when people play with my hair, it's really relaxing."

"I can see that."

"Hehe, we can go somewhere after this and I'll happily play with your hair, only if you play with mine too cause I really like it."

"Okay, but we should finish eating."

---

We walked around for awhile, and found a park that was empty and lonely.

"We should defiantly stay here and do... stuff! Like go on the monkey bars."

"You want to?" I askes.

"... uh, Yeah!" She grabbed my hand and ran towards the monkey bars.

Kaede was pretty short and even of the bars were shorter then they already were, she would still be able to hang off easily. And honestly at this height it's just about right.

We went through it quickly. As she finished before me she ran towards a swing.

I didn't feel like running to the swings with her so I just sat in a nearby bench and watched from afar.

He hair, even though it was tied on her not so long pigtails, swayed all over as she went back and forth.

I smiled. This was nice.

---

After an hour of just the park Kaede had felt content and was pretty pooped afterwards. So we went home.

There we sat infront of the TV and watched movies.

"Your hair's pretty soft." I said.

Kaede out her hair down. "It's called taking good care of it."

"No, it's called using conditioner." I joked.

"Shut up." She said.

The movie began and she leaned back on me at an angle I could braid her hair.

It was a pretty calm 20 minutes. And she was right, she got relaxed and ended up sleeping.

I stopped braiding, she slid and hehe ended up sleeping on my lap.

I grabbed a piece of green, wavy hair. I twisted it around in my fingers.

I should wake her up.

"Kaede.... your asleep on my lap." I said. "If your tired go to your room."

I clicked her forehead, which cause her to say out loud 'hey!'.

"Wake up. You're on me."

She looked at me straight in the eyes, now laying straight on her back.

"... and?"

Kaede was half awake and time must feel like jelly right about now.

She s half asleep half awake, so half confession.

"Remember when you said you liked me?" I said quietly.

She furrowed her eyebrows and tried to get up. "... I thought I told you to forget about that, Nagisa. You should really listen to me-"

I grabbed her wrist before she could stand up.

"Wait, I need to tell you something." I paused. "Listen to me."

She relaxed her shoulders and looked at me in the eyes. "Yeah?"

I opened my mouth to say something. Nothing came out for a minute.

"Uh well, long story short..." I said, trying my best to stay calm. "I feel like that too."