When He Asks You Out

Reader POV

I woke up just like any other day. I dressed into the grey uniform, and ate breakfast. I brushed my teeth and then my hair, today I decided to wear it down. I walked to school and hiked up the mountain, to the abandoned building.

Everything was the same, I sat in my normal seat, but something was different, about Karma. He seemed a little fidgety and nervous? That wasn't like him at all. After arguing with myself I decided to ask him about it.

"Hey, Karma? You good?" I asked.

He stared at me and got red. "Uh, y-yeah, I-I'm good." He stuttered.

"You sure? I think you might be coming down with a cold. Your stuttering and your red."

He costs his throat, "No I'm good."

I nodded and turned to Koro Sensei who just started teaching class. I jotted down notes while taking quick glances towards Karma. He seemed to have been better. I'm going to find out what was wrong, one way or another. Eventually, before I knew it, class was over.

I started walking home thinking of ways to get Karma to confess what was bothering him. I couldn't think well, not while moving at least. So I found a park near my house and sat on a swing, thinking. This was going to annoy me so bad.

"Hey you ok?" Came a voice that nearly made me fall out of my swing. Karma chuckled at my jumpiness.

"Yeah I'm good. But I should be the one asking you if you're fine." I stated.

"Like I told you earlier, I'm good. I was just thinking about something." Karma replied with a sigh.

"Oh, ok."

"You wanna know what I was thinking about?" He asked. I hesitantly nodded my head.

He stepped infront of the swing bringing his face inches from mine. He stared directly into my eyes as he gave me one of his signature smirks and said, "I was thinking about asking you a question. Wanna go out with me?"

I froze as my heart started to beat faster. My eyes widened a little as I started back into his mercury colored eyes. Slowly, my look of shock turned into a look of happiness.

"Yeah, I'd love to go out with you."

He kissed my cheek and asked to walk me home. I kindly accepted. As we walked to my house we joked around and held hands. I hadn't been happier. I fell asleep that night thinking of Karma Akabane...