The Moment He Knew (MaxwellxMC)

The Royal Romance
MaxwellxMC (Maxwells POV)

Plot: Maxwell is dancing with the MC (Emily) and while holding her in his arms starts to realize his feelings for her

Rating: T just kissing. That's all.

Word count: 2,472

Authors note: I wrote most of this a little bit ago and now editing and finishing the story I have Love story by Taylor Swift and Love me like you do by Ellie goulding stuck in my head. Specifically Love me like you do. I put some of the lyrics in there. I hope you enjoy the story!

......

"I tried to fall for Liam but I couldn't help it. Maxwell, I'm falling for you,"

......

"What are you waiting for?"

"You're the only thing I want to touch. Never knew that It could mean so much...."

It was the night of the ball at Olivia's home. Maxwell was sitting at the head table with Olivia and Prince Liam when he would rather be sitting at the farthest table with Emily, Hana, and Drake even though he knew people looked at it as the worst table. He just wanted to be with Emily. He enjoyed talking to Emily. It was one of the reasons he sponsored her in the first place. He remembered when he met her as a waitress and how wonderful she was just for being able to put up with all of them. She was so beautiful. And of course he sponsored her because he saw the connection she had with Prince Liam. Well, that's what he kept telling himself anyways.

He looked over and saw Olivia and Liam standing up. Liam of course asked her to dance. Maxwell stood up and walked over to Emily and Hana quickly after seeing the exchange.

"Lady Emily, may I have the honour of this waltz?" Maxwell says looking at her.

Emily smiled at him. "It is I who would be honored," she says.

He bowed to her. "My lady."

Emily took his hand and Maxwell lead her out onto the dance floor. He put one hand on her waist and raises her hand in a classic ballroom pose. Maxwell then makes a panicked look realizing he never taught her the Cordonian waltz. 'Crap,' he thinks to himself.

"Wait a second... Do you even know the Cordonian waltz?"

Emily shook her head. "Not exactly. A little training would've been nice," she says in a slightly sad tone.

"Sorry..... I knew I was forgetting something," he says disappointed with himself. He should've taught her so he didn't know how well this was gonna go. "I know Bertnard would never have neglected to mention it."

Emily smiles a bit. "If he were here, I'd be stuck dancing with him and we'd be having much less fun.," she says.

"True. But the waltz...."

Emily gave him one of those smiles. The one that made him melt a bit inside. He loved seeing her smiling face and he especially loved it when he knew the smile was for him.
"Hey, we'll get through it together... Right?"

"Right!" He replied.

"I'll let you set the pace, Cause I'm not thinking straight,"

As the music picked up couples begin the waltz. Maxwell stepped forward and Emily moved back. Maxwell guided her into a pretty glide down the length of he room. Oh, how he loved the feeling of her in his arms.

"Very nice, Emily."

"I try," she says with a small giggle.

"My heads spinning around, I can't see clear no more,"