Fourteen

"Surprise!" Alex smiled and immediately hugged Phil tightly, pulling away to kiss his lips. "I got Chinese food."

Phil tried to hide the new found cringe at the kiss "awh babe that's so sweet thank you." Phil said smiling awkwardly before coughing "Dans in the kitchen drinking a cup of tea, some through." Phil said as he walked swiftly into the kitchen "Dan its Alex, he brought Chinese for us." Phil called as he walked in, smiling at the innocent look on Dans face as his cheeks were blushed red.

"H-Hi." Dan smiled. If anything could kill his boner, it was definitely Alex. "I'm sorry, I can't have take out. Doctor said no." Dan mumbled and looked down. "Aw, that sucks, but I did get the mildest ramen they could offer for you. Maybe that will help?" Alex smiled at him. Dan wanted to throw up, but he managed to say, "Thanks, I think I can have it then."

Phil didn't like the fact that Alex was even looking at Dan, Dan was his and that's it. "I'll lift you bridal style to the kitchen so we don't have to faff with the wheelchair again." Phil said, protectively wrapping his arms around Dan to pick him up

Dan wrapped his arms around Phil's neck and let him carry him to his room. Dan didnt miss the glare Alex shot at him. Dan requested to be alone for a bit and Phil nodded and left him there, saying he'd get him his food soon as enough. However, after a few minutes, when the door did open, Alex walked in with the food instead of Phil and Dan just hoped he left him alone.

"Here's your food." Alex said bluntly "also I don't know what the fuck you think you're doing with my boyfriend but it better stop." Alex growled, pointing his finger into Dans chest "that little stunt you did out there crossed more than a million boundaries."

"I can't walk. It hurts my stitches, so Phil picked me up." Dan defended himself in a tiny voice as he took the food from Alex, his hands shaking a little.

"I don't fucking care Dan, use the wheelchair that you've been given not my boyfriend. He doesn't like you Dan get over yourself." Alex said harshly "and I swear you ever breath a word about these to Phil you'll be dead."

"H-He's my best friend, he loves me!" Dan protested in a small voice as he held his food in a tight grip to stop himself from shaking. He tried desperately to hold his ground.

"Awh does Daniel think that Philly loves him? Well you couldn't be more wrong Dan - why do you think that he's in love with me? And dating me? And fucking me? Get over yourself Dan don't make me pity you." Alex said patronisingly

"He said he loved me." Dan felt disheartened and looked down. Maybe Phil had told Alex something behind Dan's back? Maybe Alex was right.

"Did he really now? Well even if he did it's just a friendship gesture, it's hollow. He's not in love with you and never will be." Alex said mockingly "anyway I better get back to my boyfriend, if you hear him moaning my name try not to cry too much." Alex said laughing as he walked out of the room

Dan felt like his heart had been stabbed repeatedly. Alex was right. He couldn't help but whimper as tears formed in his eyes and ran down his cheeks. He shook a little and the thought of eating made him feel sick. He set the food aside and curled up in bed, hoping and praying to god he didn't have to hear them go at it.

"Hey - how is he?" Phil asked, taking another forkful of food

"He says he's tired. Wants to be left alone. I tried to get him to eat a little." Alex said as he cuddled into Phil's side as he ate too. "I think it's just hard for him now that he's moved back in from the hospital. It'll take a few days for him go adjust, yknow?"