Of Monsters and men [Shifter Trio]

-Last wish ?

"Yes, hm ... I'd like to to see Annie one last time please."

-You know she's locked in a crystal.

"Yes, but that's my last wish. You have to respect it."

-Okay

The soldier accompanied the accused to the secret room where Annie was kept. His goldish gaze landed on the young blond girl. It was like she was sleeping in her crystal jail. The blond accused moved towards the crystal. He posed his hand on the white and cold crystal. He closed his hand on it.

"You lucky girl ... I hope you'll survive Annie, really ..."

He closed his eyes and fell down to his knees. Tears in the eyes. Head posed on the crystal. He talked to her like she was able to ear and answer him.

"Do you remember Annie ? When we were outside and happy ? With Marcel and Bertholdt ? When life was simple enough to be unconscious. I hope you remember this joyful time. I think I made a mistake when I was wondering what was the life inside ! Well you weren't really ready to came with me but I guess my actions were not the best and you told me many times ..."

The soldier touched the Blondie's shoulder to indicate to him that was time to return to the gallows. The blond stood up in front of Annie's cold jail.

"I promise to honor our promise to stay together. Don't worry lil' sister, I'm going to join Bertholdt ..."

A last smile, a last look to his friend and he followed the soldier towards the corridors. He had to face his guilt. Hand in his pocket, he found out an old picture of them three. Smiling and Innocents. He took it out of his pocket. Looking at this former photography gave him a sad and nostalgic smile. The former survey corps soldier walked to the gallows, head up.

...

The soldier passed the rope over his neck. For Bertholdt, for Annie, for Marcel, for Sasha and Connie, for humanity's sake, he had to die. He accepted his sentence, as a respectable soldier.

-Soldier of the survey corps Reiner Braun, 21 years old, Armored Titan. You're sentence to death for crimes against humanity.

A last breath. A last sight and the following second, he was hanged. Citizens were glad to know that the two more dangerous Titans were dead. Colossal Titan, just vanished, Armored Titan, hanged just in front of them.

The wind woke up, it take with him the last memory of the trio from the dead hands of the Armored Titan. The photography flow in the air, as the last memory of a joyful past.